Our Poppy,the Cat Has Passed.

Chelsea14Ian

Very sadly Poppy passed this morning, after a number of years with arthritis and other problems. We took the decision to have her put to sleep. In early October she passed nineteen.She lived a very happy life,and was a large part of our life.

She entered our life on November 2000.I saw a item in the News of the World. Every year for some unexplained reason people abandon black cats.We phoned the RSPCA, they confirmed indeed they had over 100 black cats.Poppy picked us,coming down to see us.At home she soon made her self at home.She is sadly missed beyond belief and her loss will take along time to get over.We both felt her time had come,we both stayed to say bye and she soon slipped away.

Poppy RIP,you will always be a part of our life in thoughts and Love.

20190813_095237.jpg

20190813_095242.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

Really sorry for your loss, our pets are part of our family and Poppy was with you a long time, she obviously had a wonderful life with you. It is a hard and brave decision to make that last choice for them, it is part of the trust they place in us and when the time came you did the right thing for her, putting aside your own pain... well done.

• Thanks 1

Sad news Ian, so sorry. We lost Maggie and her brother Dennis Nov 7th 2018 & Feb 1st this year respectively, not quite 10 as Mayday passed would have been a celebration (we had them from cats protection, pre-named not policatil, at about 6 months and had to make a call as to their birth date). Maggie died unexpectedly of a heart attack we think, Dennis of failing organs (he’d been knocked by a car 5 years earlier which may have contributed) but we had to put him to sleep within 48 hours of suddenly going downhill (he’d been slowing up a bit for the 9 months before). I said I wouldn’t be able to have another but in September we picked up a new kitten Cloud and whilst our memories would never have passed she reminds me of them in a comforting way by curling up on the same cushions and discovering the airing cupboard as a safe harbour when she wants peace. Rest in peace too Poppy.3322F100-B86D-4B2F-B55F-11FBCDBA913D.thumb.jpeg.8e7d31ee0ea642b96a880a8efc264bd0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

my condolences , we too have always had at least one black cat - currently we have 4 black cats, we managed to lose three of our others in just a few months a couple of years back, mind you at age 18 for two of them and 24 for the third it was hardly unsuspected, our current 4 are all youngsters ( well if you can call 12 years old young).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Nightmare time for you. 

I do hope there is a cat equivalent of  ‘Rainbow Bridge’

Really understanding your hurt xx

Griff 

All animals go to rainbow bridge domestic or otherwise.

Certainly not a good thing to happen at this time of yr .

• Thanks 1

We had a black cat when I was a child. His name was Smokey Joe and every now and then he would take it into his head to come and meet me from school, which was several streets away. I would emerge to find him sitting patiently on the pavement opposite the school gates. The street adjacent to our house in north London was a designated overnight lorry park and the lorry most often there  used to go  regularly to Birmingham. After Smokey had gone missing a few times returning about 6 weeks later somewhat  thinner and footsore we deduced he was sleeping overnight in the lorry and being accidentally  driven to Birmingham from where he would make his way home, Sadly he didn't make old bones as he was stolen by cat thieves, They were caught with their cargo but we didn't hear about it soon enough to go and claim him from the pound.

Carole

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, D46 said:

All animals go to rainbow bridge domestic or otherwise.

Not mine, they went for incineration (probably with the other clinical waste from the vet although they'd never tell you that) and I'm quite fine with that, I miss em all dearly and was absulutely gutted when the time came but once gone they're gone, you still have the memories and no rainbow bridge stuff is going to change that.

Sorry if that sounds a bit blunt but I'm a realist.

Sorry to hear of your loss of Poppy.