Chameleon, Upgraded

unclemike

first bought 2014, looked very shabby, see photos before and after, frirst job remove gas fires, then removed sea type toilets and plastic holding tank, replaced with a jabsco pump and a macerator with 2 stainless holding tanks
since then have had fitted a full size household cooker and a new fridge, with  a solar panel to run fridge, eberspacher heating, led lighting, new dashboard with new guages,
lifted out and anti fouled oct 2018 anodes fitted,also revarnish and paint. both water pumps renewed,
all new batteries fitted ,3 leisure 1 cranking, new impellor and also gear cable.full set matching fenders and new lettering, wheelhouse upholstery renewed with free standing helm seat.
engine serviced regularly.

when  allowed back (3 1/2 hrs drive)should now have a full new exhaust,all new lino, new carpet to wheelhouse,carpet headlining to sleeping cabins, nav lights, a new fuse box and  will have a current surveyors report.

looking forward to being aboard again.

1596656_628011470568439_782576055_o.jpg

chameleon.JPG

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

It's a lovely looking boat. I have a special place in my heart for Norfolk Broads Yachting Company because my parents hired from there on my first visit in 1981. We were on Consul 3 which was a Broom 30 but I remember Viceroy (your boat as I'm sure you know) being on the shortlist. It had a folding canopy in those days.

there were 8 viceroys, ours was no 3, 3 were sold to compass craft and converted to sliding canopy, bollysnigh is across from us in the wetshed, the other seems to have left the broads,there is an original viceroy now called elizabeth gifford in there as well.even another as a liveaboard on lake lothing

• Like 1

Beautiful boat. Interesting to see the before and after photos. I wouldn't have a clue where to start with all those jobs ... if I ever bought a boat there would be a boatyard somewhere making a lot of money out of me!!

Look forward to hearing how the rest of the year goes once we can all get back out a bit more.

8 minutes ago, Polly said:

Do you mean ‘The House of the Rising Sun’ or Lowestoft? 😋

Lowestoft though when that was taken at about 6.00 this morning it was more like the land of the incoming fog!

• Like 1

Exhausted Exhaust! 

We knew we had a weep from the odd accumulations of water in the engine drip tray which Mike had traced back to the exhaust outlet. A quick repair saw the season out with further investigation to follow.

The other day I got the tools out and began. There wasn't a lot holding it together...

20200515_171626.thumb.jpg.81e258db3e5887600633471c122b86ff.jpg

20200515_171642.thumb.jpg.60fb2788d987374065bce769950b5c3a.jpg

The exhaust pipe itself was also well past its best and delaminated along most of its length 

20200614_123155.thumb.jpg.8119ec225e406b333f46dfec88bcd547.jpg

And... if I was really smart, I would have the after piccys as well. Sorry different camera,  back in a bit :facepalm:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Excuse me JA.

Wheres the spring washers or at least steel locknuts.

It'll be loose in a week.

Trial fit old chap... there have been some modifications needed along the way. Those are not the right bolts either...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, chameleon said:

well, packing today,travel down tomorrow to avoid traffic on A17,all upgrades done, everything varnished or painted to within an inch of it's life, looking forward to seeing her in her new clothes, afloat for 2 weeks

Hi Mike,

Like you I will be travelling down the A17 early in the morning.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1