Well, Is It Busy?

Victoryv

Coltishall common was completely full when we passed at about 3.30pm.

Haveing said that, if a few of them

pulled up you could have got 3/4 more boats on.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

2 hours ago, Bexs said:

Coltishall common was completely full when we passed at about 3.30pm.

Haveing said that, if a few of them

pulled up you could have got 3/4 more boats on.

Glad nothing’s changed! 😠

• Like 2

Ludham Bridge was the usual mayhem on Tuesday morning, FBI moorings virtually empty (Gus was up on the roof of a new build just up from King line). The New Inn had 8 or so boats moored and garden full, good to see. Salhouse chocker, Wroxham not too busy, straight through the bridge with a wave from the pilot in a mask. Coltishall full by 4 and the same on Wednesday (mea culpa,we stayed 2 nights as it was hissing down.) Now at the West end of Salhouse and its still precipitating! All in all its like a normal July midweek. We didn't venture in any pubs as victualled on board. We're just glad to be back!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hylander said:

Yes it is busy.   Soon be a struggle to get a fag paper between the boats.   Good to see though, a joy that folk are back on their boats.

Screenshot (399).png

This what I like about the southern rivers, you lot stay north! :default_biggrin:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SwanR said:

Glad I'm not out in that. Took a look at the Barnes webcam earlier and Wroxham looked busy.

Don’t forget that there will be plenty of day boats and private craft on the rivers over the weekend, especially around the hotspots.  We’re currently moored on Thurne Dyke and yes, it’s busy, but would I want to miss sights like these?

68C1915B-8EA9-46F3-B264-D40261F74D11.jpeg

FB10F204-CF10-4BAB-923B-D915A75B595E.jpeg

FBD08198-A8CC-4096-9E1A-7659329DD226.jpeg

A5120D5E-E734-46AE-9BA6-A37929C781AB.jpeg

796CD9D3-65B2-47A3-A763-D76BFBBBEC3A.jpeg

4858D61B-AFFB-4534-A234-5421DE2DB1AC.jpeg

16274190-E586-4454-A8CF-06150A8574A9.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Fantastic photos. Can I ask what kind of camera you’re using please?

To be honest, Jean, this are from my phone (iPhone 11), purely because I haven’t brought a computer with me to download from my cameras .  I use two Fuji cameras for ‘proper’ photos, an X-T2 and an X-T4 with a selection of Fuji lenses and I also have.  Panasonic TZ90 for walking about and keeping in my pocket.

• Thanks 1

Wow! I have an iPhone 6, looks like the camera is much improved on the later models then. I've been using my phone camera more for the same reason of not having a computer when I'm away, and it is fun to be able to upload some pics while you're there.

28 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Wow! I have an iPhone 6, looks like the camera is much improved on the later models then. I've been using my phone camera more for the same reason of not having a computer when I'm away, and it is fun to be able to upload some pics while you're there.

Anything in settings? Have a play around.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, SwanR said:

The camera is very good for a phone and the results are acceptable for social media posts etc. I don’t find it particularly intuitive to use and manual adjustments for exposure settings are a little hit and miss in my opinion.  It is quite forgiving and if you can overlook lens flare, even shooting into the sun gives quite good results.  Photography has always been a hobby, though and I can appreciate the difference in the results from a proper camera.

• Like 1

When we returned the boat on Saturday and went to get our fuel refund and pay the pilot fee for Wroxham, they commented that almost every boat returning had been through wroxham bridge!!!

• Like 1

Maybe that explains why so many boats were returning down river late afternoon Wednesday, passing us as we were pootling up river and then when we were moored at Belaugh Parish Staithe. I guess Coltishall must have filled up. On the other hand, we went upriver a short way the following morning and no one appeared to have moored on the Belaugh Village Staithe, the BA mooring. There was space for at least two boats.
On the whole, we didn’t think it was particularly busy on the northern rivers last week compared to other weeks when we have hired in the first week of July.

• Like 1