New Restrictions Could Affect Hire Boats And Holiday Accommodation ?

Boaters

5 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

It's a good point though. What happens to people (say a group of eight) who are already on their boating holiday, half way through their fortnight?

I would suggest exactly the same as has been happening to people on holiday in France, Spain etc and now Portugal who with scant notice have been told they must quarrantine on their return.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

It's a good point though. What happens to people (say a group of eight) who are already on their boating holiday, half way through their fortnight?

The rule of six specifies that if the family bubble is greater than six in the same household then that is ok .

if two families of four started their holiday afloat prior to the deadline on Monday then they have formed an existing bubble of eight within the same household , ie the hire boat , as they were living together prior to the change in legislation .

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

What will happen when it is Lads Week.    How will you all get on with the new rules?

As Grendel stated we have six crew on each boat and only two boats out this year.  Should have been the standard four but Covid and some crews concerns / circumstances put paid to that

Griff

From Monday 14 September, new rules apply that mean it will be against the law to meet people you do not live with in a group larger than 6 (unless you are meeting as a household or support bubble).   

So are the chaps all related on each boat or live with each other.

None of it makes sense to me.      One thing says you can have 6 people from multi homes, the next says 6 who live within a group.   And how do you stay 1 meter apart on a boat?

6.PNG

each boat is a separate bubble, when cruising we wont be mixing between boats, and when going to the pub we will be in two groups of 6 (as the pubs will be working to the same rulings), the fact the two boats are cruising to the same locations is beside the point, for all intents we are two groups of 6 - we only ever have a maximum of 6 to a boat.

4 minutes ago, grendel said:

each boat is a separate bubble, when cruising we wont be mixing between boats, and when going to the pub we will be in two groups of 6 (as the pubs will be working to the same rulings), the fact the two boats are cruising to the same locations is beside the point, for all intents we are two groups of 6 - we only ever have a maximum of 6 to a boat.

against the law to meet people you do not live with in a group larger than 6.

So if you are a family (I am playing Devil's advocate here) of 4 you can have another family to visit of 6 to visit but not stay?

5 minutes ago, Hylander said:

against the law to meet people you do not live with in a group larger than 6.

but we wont be, we will be in two separate groups of 6, and to follow the guidelines we will go to the pub in our group of 6, i imagine this will curtail the meal out together on our last evening, but we will work within the new laws to ensure we comply, it will be no different to going to the same pub as the family in the next boat at the moorings, most pubs wont seat groups larger than 6 now anyway. so we will keep things simple and travel as two groups.

25 minutes ago, grendel said:

but we wont be, we will be in two separate groups of 6, and to follow the guidelines we will go to the pub in our group of 6, i imagine this will curtail the meal out together on our last evening, but we will work within the new laws to ensure we comply, it will be no different to going to the same pub as the family in the next boat at the moorings, most pubs wont seat groups larger than 6 now anyway. so we will keep things simple and travel as two groups.

What a hassle.     Let us hope by the time you go this will have calmed down a bit.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hylander said:

So if you are a family (I am playing Devil's advocate here) of 4 you can have another family to visit of 6 to visit but not stay?

I read it that the maximum that can meet, indoors or outdoors, is 6 regardless of where they live. I think the problem will be, for a hire boat for example, if the boat has been booked for 7  people from different households. If the pick up is this Saturday, someone will have to get off and go home on Monday! (Children under the age of 12 are excluded from the numbers.) Basically the rule is no more than 6.

38 minutes ago, grendel said:

The only thing I see wrong with that analogy is that you are unlikely to follow the same family of six on the boat next to you around the Broads for the whole week and eat or drink in the same pubs for the week without meeting them either inside or outside. Think if you did they would have a good reason to call the Police and claim you were stalking them :default_norty::default_eusa_naughty: The moment you meet up inside or outside you have broken the law. I can see why you are saying what you are saying, but lets be honest it is no more than bending the rules. :default_eusa_naughty:

IF you really are going as two completely separate parties who are never going to meet, then each boat might as well choose it's own course for the week and enjoy the week as they see fit. If they happen to end up at the same mooring for one night then that would just be coincidence, but to stalk each other for the whole week, that's straining the spirit of the law. :default_wink:

• Like 1

The answer is simple, all claim to be Norfolk inbreds! Perhaps Griff has eleven children, all brothers and cousins. Just remember to mumble a few 'howld yew hard bors', 'moind ya hid bors' and the occasional 'ha-ya got a loight bor' to the conversation, easy, you'll all pass as Norfolk 'n good!

4 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

The answer is simple, all claim to be Norfolk inbreds! Perhaps Griff has eleven children, all brothers and cousins. Just remember to mumble a few 'howld yew hard bors', 'moind ya hid bors' and the occasional 'ha-ya got a loight bor' to the conversation, easy, you'll all pass as Norfolk 'n good!

That'll only work if they can display sixfingers, webbed toes etc. :default_eusa_dance: