Broads Open And Hire Boats Allowed

thunder

Don't worry we've had four weeks of non essential retail being closed, leaving only three weeks to complete that all important Christmas shopping. What with that and two big retail groups having fire sale closing down sales, who could have predicted that there would be non socially distanced queues around the block of people trying to grab a bargain or complete their Christmas shop. Free Covid with every bargain! Just in time for those Christmas bubbles to get together and spread it further. I guess we'll all be in tier 3 in the New Year.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Yep, couldn't agree more. Here in flat hat land pubs are shut but we can join the throng for the shops. Defies logic. 

IMG_20201203_092501.jpg

Similar happening in London at JD Sports.

Untitled.thumb.png.e3e112262be3b5cc69e2cd85af8de885.png

Plus a pub in Worcester being inventive and allowing you to have a pint providing you buy fish and chips from the chippy next door first! Mind you not sure what happened to the no mixing households rule!!!

Untitled1.thumb.png.3b59b6f37d00b74542b15a2bb335dee9.png

Hi Alan you have to be a female like my wife can't resist a bargain we have just moved to a bungalow i have had to downsize, i have sent no end of clothing to charity shop that has not been worn and some are still in there cellophane shoes, socks, pants that have shrunk while still in their wrapping all bought by H I D who can't resist a bargain Gr- Gr. although i must say that this lock down has saved me a fortune. John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SwanR said:

I see this thread has very quickly moved away from boating and the Broads to totally unrelated subjects.

Too right Jean - this Forum is very prone to drift :default_norty:   (well now and again) :default_biggrin: (and again) 

7 hours ago, SwanR said:

So do we have any members getting out on their boats now? Anyone looking forward to Christmas afloat?

I'm gutted because tomorrow we had arranged to pick up the boat from Bridgecraft for our December afloat and now its not going to happen :default_crying1animated::default_crying1animated: :default_crying1animated:

I think it will be the first December we've missed for about 15 years :default_crying1animated: :default_crying1animated:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Guest Jayfire
12 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Too right Jean - this Forum is very prone to drift

:default_smiley-angelic002:

12 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I'm gutted because tomorrow we had arranged to pick up the boat from Bridgecraft for our December afloat and now its not going to happen :default_crying1animated::default_crying1animated: :default_crying1animated:

I think it will be the first December we've missed for about 15 years :default_crying1animated: :default_crying1animated:

Sorry to hear this Mr Nog, and here is me arranging my work leave so we can play our usual game of Mr Nog hide and JF go seek :default_biggrin:

Hope you get afloat soon again, maybe for Mrs Nog's birthday...you remembering is very close to mine right? Wonder if I'll be afloat then too :default_norty:

:default_xmas2:

5 minutes ago, SwanR said:

hope you are both keeping ok. 

Fine thanks Jean (apart from the above)!! hope you are too and enjoying your new home. We'd have definitely been up your way. 

Yes, shame Mr Fire sir, never mind - we'll just have to see how things develop but i would like to get afloat again if possible before the madness starts all over again. 

• Like 2

I'll be heading for the boat tomorrow afternoon for a weekend at the ferryhouse, not seen it since mid october so batteries will need a plugin and charge, need to put pipe lagging in the main engine bay air intakes to keep temperature in their better, I'll check the forecast to decide if it gets any antifreeze when I leave it but will definately be leaving taps open.

No point staying at home when the only I'd use doesn't do food so shut.

I'm hoping I can use it over Christmas.

• Like 2

I was just browsing a couple of the hire boat company websites. I see that Norfolk Broads Direct have decided to stay closed until January but Broads Tours is open for day boats. The text below is from their website.

https://www.broads.co.uk/news-update-december-2020/

News update December 2020

December 3rd 2020

Norfolk Broads Direct will remain closed for holidays until the 1st January. This is obviously very disappointing for everyone – especially those of you who had a holiday planned with us.

We hope that 2021 will herald something resembling a return to normality – but it does need all of us to do our bit to make it happen. Online booking remains open for those looking to book holidays in 2021.

We look forward to seeing you as soon as it’s safe. In the meantime, if you’re lucky enough to live locally our sister site Broads Tours has reopened for day boat hire –Weekdays only from 9am to 4pm.

• Like 1

I've today booked with Ferry Marina (for the first time) for 4 nights in February (first ever winter hire, all being well). I'm very grateful that Ferry remain on the sensible side of the solo hirers' fence plus they seem to be the only operator hiring 12 months of the year. 

• Like 4

Hi Jean, well one of the fun things about hiring is you get to choose a boat which fits the time of year and what you want to do. This time I wanted forward steer with dual sliding roof so I have the option of a blast of outside air by opening up the helm canopy a bit (I couldn't see myself using the outdoor helm on a dual steer very much). I had the option of White Emblem or Rose Emblem and chose the pricier Rose for the bow thrusters and the radiator heating. Stern cabin looks really nice. 

• Like 2