Happy Birthday Timbo

JanetAnne

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes, did you all enjoy International Timbo Day? Boris (no relation) kept the country's celebrations muted this year, nothing to do with the pandemic but in deference for my advancing years. Timbo Day Eve was a quiet family celebration with our bubble minus the grandkids. Ellie made cocktails...which we all promptly watered down and I filed away her recipe for future use for removing stubborn spots of yacht varnish. Youngest son Matty was then easily cajoled into making mojitos...now Matty can mix a cocktail!

The evening was punctuated by the sporadic bombardment of pyrotechnics. I got the feeling that people had pawned their watches to buy fireworks as displays started in the early evening. Gainsborough Trinity had the most spectacular. As the cocktails took effect Ellie broke out the 'quiz questions' she buys every Christmas. My ban on answering history questions, to my surprise, has been extended to questions on foreign cinema and French Literature.

Timbo Day Eve was completed with an early birthday present from our eldest lad Mikey. He gave me a beautiful framed portrait of Starboard Side No1 Beagle Dylan. So, at 2 am in the morning the neighbours were woken up to the sound of me drilling a hole in the bedroom wall to hang the portrait. 

The 1st of January dawned grey and drizzly. Things brightened up when Ellie called me for the official opening of presents. People must think I'm getting old and wrinkly as well as smelly, as  there was a lot of manly moisturizer mixed in with fragrances to add to my collection. As well as the new Armani Aqua Di Gio Profondo there was a wardrobe of Chanel Allure Homme. 

I took Toby for a mooch through the woods which were sombre before heading home to make a breakfast of bacon and eggs. Time for a shower and a pamper while Ellie got on with roasting lamb for dinner. International Timbo Day was renamed International Dim Dom Day when Gracie and Arlo arrived, Gracie still in her Hogwarts robes.
"Open it now! Happy Dim Dom Day!" said little Arlo thrusting a birthday card under my nose.

A fantastically restful and rejuvenating day with the family. A roast lamb dinner, Christmas pudding, followed by games with the kids and then watching cartoons on the TV. I woke up an hour or so later with little Arlo asleep cuddled up one side of me and Toby the beagle asleep on my feet. 

You know what? Life is good! I think I'll have some more!

Happy New Year Everyone!

• Like 11

Belated best wishes Timbo for your birthday, for Christmas and for New Year ... and early happy wishes for Father’s Day, Grandfather’s Day, National Beagle Day, Toby’s birthday and all 2021 festivities! 😂

Does that about cover the year that was and the year to come?

Seriously, stay safe and well and thank you for such excellent chairpersonship of the good ship NBN. 👍🥂