Spring Gathering 2022 May 21/22

Polly

its for the new post of team leader for the team I am in and incorporating the other teams doing the same work, if i get it , then it will be on the understanding that i will be training up a successor, to take over in 3 or 4 years, if I dont get it then I will be training whoever does get the post to do the job efficiently and make the department run smoothly. we have a great team in my office, and  to my mind the only real competition is the colleague I have already trained, she has the ability, but doesnt have confidence in herself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kpnut said:

Cakes made ( hope they survive ok till saturday, think I’ll  freeze and fill later)

Homemade wine, 3 flavours to try -check

Homemade Blackberry liqueur - check. 

Just need to get ourselves there now. Looking forward to meeting you all. 
Tony’s (hubby) first time on the boat since I bought it last year. He’s really coming to sort out a gearbox oil leak and hopefully convert the oil filter ( which I think is also leaking) to a spin-on. He’s worked on plenty of tractors in his working life, but not in the confined space of a boat!
Any advice at the weekend is most welcome.

And if anyone can locate my diesel heater for me, that’d be a bonus. Not sure what I’m looking for to be honest!!!

Kate

there will be plenty of people available and willing to assist you Kate

23 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Cakes made ( hope they survive ok till saturday, think I’ll  freeze and fill later)

Homemade wine, 3 flavours to try -check

Homemade Blackberry liqueur - check. 

Ooo, wish we could make it. It’s just too close to our recent break on Moonlight Shadow and besides,  younger son wants to come home for the we. Can’t argue with that. 
:default_arms:

27 minutes ago, grendel said:

there will be plenty of people available and willing to assist you Kate

For the engine or for the refreshments Grendel????

6 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Ooo, wish we could make it. It’s just too close to our recent break on Moonlight Shadow and besides,  younger son wants to come home for the we. Can’t argue with that. 
:default_arms:

and Helen, a son wanting to visit is a real treat! Xx

1 hour ago, kpnut said:

And if anyone can locate my diesel heater for me, that’d be a bonus. Not sure what I’m looking for to be honest!!!

Kate

Have you tried turning it on and following the noise?  Or doesn't it work?

I am getting to the point where i cant wait to drive to the boat

I've been at the point for an age now where I can't wait to be onboard and actually cruising the rivers, minus the following:-

A pencil permanently behind my Stbd listen out, hands on chisels, saws, carpenters bevel, set square, planes, power tools, Teak, Utile, sanders, white spirit, turps, varnish undercoat, topcoat, varnish, brushes, rollers, anti foul, screws, hardwood pellets, CT1, West system, Megagrip, plywood, tape measure, drill bits, plug cutters, countersink bits, tak rags, lint free cloths, and most of all Butyle Rubber etc etc

So looking forward to being afloat, even if not onboard 'B.A' this weekend

as for stowing fenders on deck not so easy when you're single-handed but will try my best, at least it will please Griff and just kick the buggers off before mooring, 

Nice one :89_clap:  I manage single handed and there are twelve of em onboard 'B.A', fourteen if I have deployed the aft pair as well :default_icon_eek:

Griff

• Like 2

Really looking forward to this, been a member since who knows when and this the first meet I've been to. 

Have a customer meeting on Thursday which luckily is about 1/3 of the way between home and the boat so will be giving her a wash down Thursday evening.  I've booked the Friday off work so will be around Ranworth staithe lunchtime onwards, if there's room, but I'll probably retire to the Island for the evening.

I can raise/lower the fenders solo, especially in the middle of a broad but it would then expose Rosie's dirty bottom.....  :default_shocked1animated:  Actually the fenders are not exactly clean either!!

I've tried scrubbing it with Jif and a pad but the accumulation of over 3 years grime is not moving.  She has an appointment with a roll of 80 grit and a Black & Decker but a certain well known woody has decided to block Sutton Staithe's boatshed for longer than expected....

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, NeilB said:

Have you tried turning it on and following the noise?  Or doesn't it work?

Yes it works very nicely and I go round listening out. I thought it was behind the sofa but it wasn’t, then under the bed but didn’t spot it there either, although trying to hold the mattress up at the same time as looking was tricky. Not sure how big the thing I’m looking for actually is. It’ll be obvious once I know!
This is the same person who used to think that the ‘warm air heating’ was just using the heat from the engine to warm the air as I’d been told during hire handovers I needed the engine running to use it! 

I think cake might be a better ‘reward’ (bribe), wine is a bit of a mystery until each bottle is opened. Hope I’ve picked some good ones. 

You wouldn’t want my engine, although I love her! Bit oily, and past her best. 

Heater control in front of saloon, next to sofa and heater exhaust also points towards sofa being the place. I’m intrigued and will look again when I get there later in the week. 
Many thanks everyone. 

7 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

No one want to fly the NBN pennant and lead the C-in-C this Saturday?

Being the lead boat of the flotilla is the easiest spot to be in

Griff

Yup, the whole flotilla gets to see you buggrr up your mooring attempt! :facepalm::default_biggrin::default_biggrin:

• Haha 5

Here it is, not the biggest flagstaff ever, though I am sure a way could be found, if necessary., Don't forget though I am assisting with picking up the marquee that morning.

( I just know I will arrive back to find water rail sporting the flag now, still there will be no starting without me.)

IMG_20220518_093413.jpg

• Haha 3