Spring Gathering 2022 May 21/22

Polly

What a day it's been, at 8.45 we headed into horning aboard rambling rose to collect the marquee, we had to hang around waiting for it to be got out for us, so at 10.15 we left to return to Ranworth so I could lead the procession, we had a lovely cruise up river to salhouse, where as the lead boat I took my pick of the entire empty quayside and moored perfectly where I ended up. 

After that it's been a busy time, erecting the marquee, and sorting everything out. I have received some batteries for my solar shed, but since the fridge was struggling, I checked out the boats batteries, one was at 11v, so I swapped in one of those I had received, new batteries is another planned upgrade to be done, so I will reclaim my battery when that happens, meanwhile the fridge is now running nicely.

The quiz was one by Selsi and Sam's team, and at present the air is thick with BBQ smoke.

• Like 4

For all those that attended, The meet today. Thank you to all of you for coming along. So gladdens the heart to see so many people and to meet new faces and to reacquaint myself with some long standing ones too.

So enjoy the rest of your weekend or longer if you have time on the broads.

And a special thank you to Simon for all his hard work, also to the BA Rangers for their time. To the wonderful Team at Salhouse for making the bookings seamless in their execution. A special shout out to Sophie the Salhouse ranger on duty. Nobody would guess it was one of your first duties on your own.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Wish I was there! Seems we’ll miss out next year too. We have (through judicious swapping of allocated weeks) wangled ourselves a whole fortnight on Moonlight Shadow in May. Early May though.

:default_badday:

But a whole fortnight…:default_biggrin::default_biggrin::default_biggrin::default_biggrin:

• Like 3

And so to bed !!

thank you to everyone for making today possible , to the volunteers who picked up the tentage , Rambling Rosie , Grendel and Peters Joy , the team who erected them , the members who supplied the cakes ( too many to single out , An Evening with Bob for providing the evenings musical interlude which was greatly enjoyed by all , congratulations to The crew of Luna Aurora and Boatyman for their victorious quizzing , and to Grendel for being awarded the best dressed boat wine bottle in no small part due to his ingenious use of the mop as the NBN flagstaff , special mention must go to Kate on Springers Retreat for her delicious homemade liquor .

• Like 4

As a finale, as it got dark, I took the model BA out on the water with full illumination, unfortunately I was too busy piloting the model to get any pictures so would welcome pictures from anyone who did.  She looked stunning out there all lit up, and I was pleased as punch with all, except the red navigation light which I felt was too dim, I will have to see what I can do to rectify this, still never mind it was a success. Griff did of course point out that the anchor light should not be displayed under way.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Sorry we missed it. Boris is too poorly to be left alone or let out by our usual dog sitter. He should be in better order for august though way before Malanka will be I might add. 

Love to all. To make up for it we cooked dinner on the boat barbecue this evening. It’s smelled of old wood and diesel. Lol 😝 bit like me 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boaters said:

Looks like you all had a good time,may be pop in ,by foot sometime as we have sold Serendipity after many great years.:default_beerchug:

Boaters you are welcome to pop along with any form of transport you have. Although a unicycle may be a bit taxing.

There was a mug on the yellow water hose box. Debated whether to take it in case it belonged to someone or leave in case it belonged to someone still moored there. I’ll drive round and have a look tomorrow, didn’t look much like an octopus mug though, rather more flowery. 

Why am I so tired? Thinking of anyone with a long drive home, take care. 

Thanks to Andy boateyman, Simon and Griff for sorting out my door jammed shut. 
Wonderful meet up, so great to get to know a few people I share the rivers with. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Peter’s Joy tried to sail taking the bank with him - oh how we larrrrfed 

Hele (Pavava) hilarious

Yes, Which pillock tied me back up when i thought i was free to set off. :default_eusa_naughty:

Just to add there's only one. :default_laugh:

• Haha 3