Spring Gathering 2022 May 21/22

Polly

On 20/08/2021 at 05:54, CambridgeCabby said:

It would be wonderful if amongst the  attendees there were a few musically minded and talented members who were able to offer some live music during the Saturday evening , perhaps an NBN band 

I am bringing my bongos 😁

• Haha 1

A little thread bump to remind members of this event in a couple of weeks , you don’t need to be afloat to pop along , all members and their friends and families welcome , a chance to catch up with fellow members not seen for a while or a chance to meet like minded Broads lovers.

If you wish to attend whilst afloat and haven’t already done so please post on here so numbers can be confirmed with the Ranger at Salhouse 

• Like 2

As far as I can tell from the thread , the following are those confirmed to attend so far :

Water Rail , paid 

Springers Retreat , paid

Genesis , paid

Pipedreams , paid 

Lulu Aurora , paid

Papava , paid 

Rambling Rosie , paid

Broadland Grebe , paid 

Peters Joy , paid 

Duet 4 , paid 

Wild Thyme , paid

Sally Marie , paid

Broad Ambition , paid 

if I have missed anyone please let me know 

As far as I can tell from the thread , the following are those confirmed to attend so far :

Water Rail , paid 

Springers Retreat , paid

Genesis , paid

Pipedreams , paid 

Lulu Aurora , paid

Papava , paid 

Rambling Rosie , paid

Broadland Grebe , paid 

Peters Joy , paid 

Duet 4 , paid 

Wild Thyme , paid

Sally Marie , paid

Emily May , paid

Broad Ambition , paid 

Daisy Chain , paid 

if I have missed anyone please let me know 

Two points of note concerning the meet up , the first being that Salhouse Broad does not permit the use of disposable barbecues anymore , so please bring alternative types (I will try and bring a spare if it will fit in the car) , also please read the flyer pictured below concerning risk assessment (a necessary precaution for an organised event) 

thank you 

Simon 

02D97FFA-D22B-4FC1-AD33-B52361B0AD29.jpeg

EF203062-61DD-48C6-927C-2BA357CB09B5.jpeg

• Like 3

Proposed rough itinerary :

11:00

C in C will leave Malthouse Broad led by Griff who is organising it aboard Papava please let him know if joining in ( small prize for best dressed boat at the meet) 

12:15 - 12:30ish

C in C arrives at Salhouse, help would be appreciated in erecting the NBN tent when you arrive please 

14:00 

tea and cakes (for any budding bakers, hint hint)

16:00

a short quiz kindly set by our own budding Bamber Gasgoine , Mike (again small prize for the victorious team)

18:00 

barbecue time 

19:15 

a musical interlude provided by “An Evening With Bob” , if any members are musicians your participation afterwards would be greatly appreciated 

this is just a rough outline let me have any feedback please , it has been suggested that a raffle or bottle auction takes place in aid of forum funds if this is something you would like let me know 

i will have a few of the NBN decals with me if any member wants one or two , these are free but any donation to forum funds is appreciated. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I believe the following is the current standing at those confirmed (and paid) for the Saturday mooring , still time to add your name and boat  before I confirm the final number with the Salhouse Ranger .

If you do please let it be known on this thread and I will update upon confirmation of moorings paid , thank you .

Simon

Water Rail , paid 

Springers Retreat , paid

Genesis , paid

Pipedreams , paid 

Lulu Aurora , paid

Papava , paid 

Rambling Rosie , paid

Broadland Grebe , paid 

Peters Joy , paid 

Duet 4 , paid 

Wild Thyme , paid

Sally Marie , paid

Emily May , paid

Broad Ambition , paid 

Daisy Chain , paid 

there is a car park at the end of the track to salhouse moorings, with a nice walk to the moorings (unless you are camping and use the wheelbarrow at the campsit, where you walk to the campsite pick up a wheelbarrow (if there isnt one at the carpark, wheelbarrow your tent and provisions to the campsite, then return the barrow to the car park (its a minimum of 3 trips either way)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, grendel said:

there is a car park at the end of the track to salhouse moorings, with a nice walk to the moorings (unless you are camping and use the wheelbarrow at the campsit, where you walk to the campsite pick up a wheelbarrow (if there isnt one at the carpark, wheelbarrow your tent and provisions to the campsite, then return the barrow to the car park (its a minimum of 3 trips either way)

Thanks Grendel - no need for the wheelbarrow as we will be glamping just up the road, in Sprowston Manor :default_biggrin: ... unless I have too much to drink and need to be wheeled back :default_drink_2:

I'm sad to be missing this years spring gathering. Although I'll be up on the boat that weekend, I'm working unfortunately!

Have a great time everybody and hope to see you at the next one:default_smile:

Sadly mooring at Brundall and the meet failing between two pre booked holidays, we can’t make it this year either due to the wife’s work and holiday limitations.  It would have been good, just a few days after a milestone birthday for me, but it was not to be.

Hope you all have a great time and that the weather is kind.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Happy birthday Malcolm. 

Sadly we can't make it either. It's just too close to our current jaunt on Moonlight Shadow.

Yep, next week Helen.  I’ll officially become a senior citizen, get a pension and become a drain on the state!! 😉

We’re off to Cornwall for a week on 4th June - it’s a ruddy long way from here, but I need my pasty fix and Ginsters just don’t cut it!  Might even squeeze in a cream tea or four and some proper fish and chips!

• Like 3

On 06/05/2022 at 14:02, CambridgeCabby said:

Proposed rough itinerary :

11:00

C in C will leave Malthouse Broad led by Griff who is organising it aboard Papava please let him know if joining in ( small prize for best dressed boat at the meet) 

12:15 - 12:30ish

C in C arrives at Salhouse, help would be appreciated in erecting the NBN tent when you arrive please 

14:00 

tea and cakes (for any budding bakers, hint hint)

16:00

a short quiz kindly set by our own budding Bamber Gasgoine , Mike (again small prize for the victorious team)

18:00 

barbecue time 

19:15 

a musical interlude provided by “An Evening With Bob” , if any members are musicians your participation afterwards would be greatly appreciated 

this is just a rough outline let me have any feedback please , it has been suggested that a raffle or bottle auction takes place in aid of forum funds if this is something you would like let me know 

i will have a few of the NBN decals with me if any member wants one or two , these are free but any donation to forum funds is appreciated. 

Silly questions for the events team - presumably this itinerary is for Saturday day/evening. Are there any activities planned for Friday or Sunday ?

Also, I am right in thinking to provide ones own refreshments, food, BBQ etc through the day as there are no communal or commercial facilities at the Salhouse mooring area ?