Spring Gathering 2022 May 21/22

Polly

6 hours ago, Bikertov said:

Silly questions for the events team - presumably this itinerary is for Saturday day/evening. Are there any activities planned for Friday or Sunday ?

Also, I am right in thinking to provide ones own refreshments, food, BBQ etc through the day as there are no communal or commercial facilities at the Salhouse mooring area ?

There is a food van at the top of the grass area behind the moorings that do very good food , so I’m told.  

• Thanks 1

Cruise In Company Details

Ok then, I'm purposely not going to over complicate this.

Craft wishing to take part in the C-in-C should muster on Malthouse Broad no later than 1045 on the Saturday 21st May  (I will be there onboard Papava).  You don't need top post your intention to attend on this thread.  If you are at Malthouse in plenty of time, you will be taking part, if you not - Then we will see you at Salhouse

First off, I need a volunteer to have the honour of flying the NBN pennant from your craft whilst underway. It's not that big measuring 900 x 600mm.  Pennant handed over for shoreside display on arrival, you'll need a bit of string / lanyard to tie it to your mast

The craft flying the NBN pennant will be the lead boat departing from Malthouse Broad at 1100 sharp.  If it's you - Just sail at 1100, the rest of us will fall in astern and follow on in no particular order

Crews should ideally dress their craft overall prior to departing (Not compulsory)

Being in company underway ideally fenders should be stowed on deck / inboard (Not compulsory)

Communications whilst underway - PMR CH4

We need to be underway in close quarters, if a gap starts developing between you and the boat in front of you - Close Up.  Gaps results in the flotilla becoming segmented with other craft getting mixed up in between us and spoils the effect

You are more than welcome to cruise in pairs side by side if you wish but single column on Ranworth Dam and through Horning would be advisable

On arrival at Salhouse Broad, spread out and give yersens plenty of room to enable berthing procedures, there ain't any rush

I have in the past allocated cruising numbers, this makes the evolution somewhat regimented and also causes crews issues when berthing as some want to be next to a certain boat when alongside - So I'm not going to, just sort yersens out if you have a preference who you berth next to

Any questions?

See you there

Griff

P.S - Skippers - If you get yersen in a tangle I have provided an aid to navigation as per below

BA NBN 1172.jpg

BA NBN 1173.JPG

• Haha 2

I’ll be cake baking this week to bring. 
Simon, can I reserve 2 NBN stickers please- the ‘cling-on’ type if possible rather than permanent. 
We won’t be gathering at Malthouse, so if I get to Salhouse in the morning, will it be obvious which bit I need to moor at? 
Looking forward to putting names to faces. Kate and Tony. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NBN Marquee collection

I'll be collecting the above from Horning Pleasure Craft on the Saturday morning, I've not lifted it myself but I've been told it needs 2 to 3 people.

I'll be staying Friday night at Ranworth so could I have a couple of volunteers to assist please, perhaps a spare crew member?  Probably depart 9am to ensure we make it back in time for the C-in-C.

I'll also need a hand taking it back on the Sunday, probably mid afternoon but not sure yet.

Many thanks, Neil

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grendel said:

Neil, if you dont get any other volunteers I will come with you and give you a hand. I too should be at ranworth friday night (somewhere, either on the moorings, on the island or mudweighted.)

I should be there too, if you need another pair of hands i should be available.

• Thanks 1

Personal circumstances have stopped me from signing up for the meet. It now looks like I shall be able to attend. I think the best way is if I just turn up, poach a spot in the group and pay up as and when required. It is also possible that Little Nyx may also tag along. That would be 3 adults, one dog and a parrot.

( The parrot is the only one who talks any sense )

So to put in proper form. It's 

Nyx.    1. Adult (debatable)

Little Nyx. 2 adults, 1 dog,  1 parrot 

Arriving .... Dunno, leaving, dunno that Eva.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

Fingers crossed, I will pop in for a couple of hours by car, subject to brain function, I will drive up and back the same day.

It will be good to finally put names to faces.

If you are travelling by car, remember to park in the carpark, and not in Salhouse Broad with the boats :default_stinky:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Personal circumstances have stopped me from signing up for the meet. It now looks like I shall be able to attend.

MM that is good news, be good to have a catchup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

If any attendee is a “David Bailey” having a album of pics posted on the forum would be wonderful , especially the arrival of the CinC

100_3575.thumb.jpg.01323fbb5f2b752a1279b29fcb71ed62.jpg

100_3590.thumb.jpg.190db8a51b99bcf8832b02da445eda6d.jpg

Memories of 2018.

Sorry we can't be there this year.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Tony and I were really hoping to get to the meet this year but unfortunately hospital appointments have got in the way,  may be next time we'll be free of all this medical stuff and be able to attend. Hope all who do manage to be there have a really great time and the  weather is kind  making  it thoroughly enjoyable for every one.

Carole

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Polly said:

Here’s to a great meet! Everything is coming together for a special post-Covid NBN reunion. 
I hope you all have a memorable and happy time. 
🎈🎉🚤🚣‍♂️

Well I am looking forward to it will be moored on the island Friday night ready to set off for the c in c at 11 o'clock Saturday morning, as for stowing fenders on deck not so easy when you're single-handed but will try my best, at least it will please Griff and just kick the buggers off before mooring, and trying not to fall in the water Ha Ha

• Haha 1

I am getting to the point where i cant wait to drive to the boat, the only problem I do have is that I have to go to the office tomorrow for a 4pm appointment (internal job interview) when I was going to be final packing and loading the car from 3pm - still never mind, it will still be an earlyish start Thursday

• Like 2

Cakes made ( hope they survive ok till saturday, think I’ll  freeze and fill later)

Homemade wine, 3 flavours to try -check

Homemade Blackberry liqueur - check. 

Just need to get ourselves there now. Looking forward to meeting you all. 
Tony’s (hubby) first time on the boat since I bought it last year. He’s really coming to sort out a gearbox oil leak and hopefully convert the oil filter ( which I think is also leaking) to a spin-on. He’s worked on plenty of tractors in his working life, but not in the confined space of a boat!
Any advice at the weekend is most welcome.

And if anyone can locate my diesel heater for me, that’d be a bonus. Not sure what I’m looking for to be honest!!!

Kate

• Like 2