Spring Gathering 2022 May 21/22

Polly

1 minute ago, grendel said:

Here it is, not the biggest flagstaff ever, though I am sure a way could be found, if necessary., Don't forget though I am assisting with picking up the marquee that morning.

( I just know I will arrive back to find water rail sporting the flag now, still there will be no starting without me.)

IMG_20220518_093413.jpg

Use the rear deck flagstaff socket? You can then have a pole of whatever height you choose and a couple of guy ropes to the hand rails if needed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have a wonderful time and really sorry we couldnt be there

We are on Moonlight Shadow that week also.......

But its my sons birthday on Saturday and we are having a bit of a do, back in "Bolton" so wont get to the marina until Sunday evening as we are travelling to Norfolk Sunday afternoon when you lot will have finished your fun!

Hope to see a few of you over the week though if still around

Have a great meet

I hope everyone has a great time, and publishes lots of pictures.  We can't be there as we have a long planned visit to the Southern Broads, involving non-floating family.  Will nonetheless fly our NBN pennant - folk may think we took a wrong turning!

On 17/05/2022 at 13:18, grendel said:

I am getting to the point where i cant wait to drive to the boat, the only problem I do have is that I have to go to the office tomorrow for a 4pm appointment (internal job interview) when I was going to be final packing and loading the car from 3pm - still never mind, it will still be an earlyish start Thursday

Hi Peter, hope you've got your marigolds and plenty of cleaning equipment, Water Rail is looking very neglected at the moment.

Current boat list 

Water Rail , paid 

Springers Retreat , paid

Genesis , paid

Pipedreams , paid 

Lulu Aurora , paid

Papaver, paid 

Rambling Rosie , paid

Broadland Grebe , paid 

Peters Joy , paid 

Duet 4 , paid 

Wild Thyme , paid

Sally Marie , paid

Emily May , paid

Broad Ambition , paid 

Daisy Chain , paid 

Nyx

Little Nyx 

Ruby , paid 

1 hour ago, Maxwellian said:

Not strictly true some of them are still out on the river waiting to enter the broad. Still quite an audience though!

plus with no other boats in the way, wherever you end up is where you were aiming for

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Tempest said:

Have a wonderful time and really sorry we couldnt be there

We are on Moonlight Shadow that week also.......

But its my sons birthday on Saturday and we are having a bit of a do, back in "Bolton" so wont get to the marina until Sunday evening as we are travelling to Norfolk Sunday afternoon when you lot will have finished your fun!

Hope to see a few of you over the week though if still around

Have a great meet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kpnut said:

I hope I do see you around next week. I’d love to meet you and those dogs of yours!

More than welcome

We are probably heading up the Ant Monday / Tuesday, Wednesday we are going to give them a swim at Salhouse Broad so will probably spend the day and evening there and Thursday we are heading back to Horning

If you see us, by all means come across and say hello 

• Like 1

at last, the day arrives to load the car and travel up to Norfolk, I was looking at my routes to Beccles last night, and both the A12 and A140 had roadworks marked, fortunately on checking the duration both are supposed to be finished today. (well yesterday was their last day so fingers crossed)

• Like 3

car nearly packed, as its the first trip of the year, looking round to see what I have forgotten (guaranteed I will always forget something, if I get my skates on I may get through yarmouth today, it will be on a falling tide, but hopefully about 44 hours or so before low water, so fingers crossed the flow out of the bure will be less at that state of tide, worst case battle the flow until the yacht station and  moor up there and catch the flood up river in the morning.

1 hour ago, grendel said:

looking round to see what I have forgotten (guaranteed I will always forget something

Don't forget a spare doormat to keep the goose muck out of the boat if mooring on the island

• Like 1

Boat washed down, car can wait another month or 2!!  Just topping water up and then I’ll pop down to Barton and chuck the mud weight in for the night.

Saw Knut heading off a couple of hours ago.

482444A4-3855-454E-86DA-747DA8E46E77.jpeg

7D34F164-9856-44F5-BF8F-9A0BFF4E0E24.jpeg

• Like 6