Spring Gathering 2022 May 21/22

Polly

51 minutes ago, petersjoy said:

We are now moored at St Olaves ready for a not too early start in the morning, should be at Ranworth by the evening after a steady potter about once we are up that end.

I received a message lost in translation that you would follow me down, but I kept a weather eye out and could not see you when I left, as they say time and tide wait for no man, and my plan(ISH) was to see how far I would get, I left at 12, and plodded into the tide at a steady 5 mph, I had planned (when supposedly leaving from oulton, that a 4 hour cruise would see me across breydon, and then I would decide when I saw how the tides were doing, if it had been racing I would have moored up at the yacht station.

As it was I arrived there at 4.30 pm, 3 hours before low water, found 9'6" under the bridges ( it had been 8 foot at somerleyton and st olaves.) And there was no more than 2 mph of flow which I easily stemmed and progressed even though I was only using revs for 5 1/2 mph, anyway arrived at stracy arms by 6.30 pm, and moored up for the night. 

And guess what I forgot, I had packed it, but managed to leave my wallet on the seat in the car, Dave is kindly delivering it to me when he has a few minutes. once I had arrived it was time to sort everything that had just been thrown into the boat in general, or the fridge in the case of cold stuff. Then it was time to cook some tea.( Fray bentos steak and kidney pie and instant mash.)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, grendel said:

I received a message lost in translation that you would follow me down, but I kept a weather eye out and could not see you when I left,

I had a walk round to see you but you hadn't got there then, passed later in the car to call in Lidl and would have stopped to see you loading the boat but all the parking at the yacht station is now disabled only. when i got back and walked round again you had gone, sorry i missed you. see you tomorrow evening when we get to Ranworth.

• Like 1

Just having breakfast myself, just a toasted bagel though.  Barton was a millpond last night but the wind has picked up so it’s getting a little choppy now.  
Bit of tidying up before setting off to Ranworth though.

EB182B93-F42A-4172-A9F5-4EB1A2A054A3.jpeg

4E6B999F-663A-4928-8F1D-D4DD362BAB47.jpeg

• Love 1

15 minutes away from getting out berth sorted at Sprowston. 

Then on to find somewhere for lunch. 

We were going to get a day boat for the afternoon, but the weather is not exactly good for it today :default_badday:

Might just go into Wroxham for a bit. 

Then need to get picnic and barbecue supplies for tomorrow. 

After the obligatory tat purchases at Potter Heigham, I headed for Ranworth, just as the rain started. Came alongside side on and used my long ropes to fasten off to a centre cleat and turn the boat stern on, now trying to avoid walking the abundant surface decoration on the moorings through the boat, canopy sides on, watching the drips in the stern cabin as the roof takes up. Kettle on time for a cuppa.

14 hours ago, grendel said:

Well Dave has delivered my wallet to me, and I am up fresh and early, cheese and bacon wraps are cooling to the point where the cheese won't take the skin off the roof of my mouth, and all is well with the world.

And I thought we were the ‘high maintenance’ users of Water Rail. Last time we were on board we managed to leave her shore power cable on her home mooring and Dave, top man, delivered it to us when we were moored in Norwich. Where would we all be without Dave?

Love the cheese and bacon wraps recipe, by the way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Morning. Very excited, if a bit apprehensive. Lovely morning at cockshoot. Soon to take Finlay out and sort ourselves out. 

Don’t be apprehensive Kate. It’s a fun gathering of boat obsessed folk. See you later! X 

• Thanks 1

Kettle on, cheese and bacon wraps in the oven, top down and solar panel out and charging, I got the poet generator down to 86%last night, and that was while charging a laptop, tablet and other items, and running a dvd player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

A bright sunny day has dawned. ‘B.A’ arrived last night. Purdey got me up at 0515 :default_sad:

Griff

6108F0C9-24A6-43EE-8E4C-CFFC2E0AF49B.jpeg

In which case that ensign shouldn't have been up before Morning Colours.      :default_coat:

Have a great day everyone! We are having a weekend with Pat Simpson, who is visiting us here in France.

"If Mohammed will not come to the mountain" and all that!

• Like 2