Roadworks 2022

TheQ

there is also a  time limit on how long the permit is allowed, you can receive fines if you overrun your permitted time, or dig outside the designated area by even 1 meter. you can also be fined if the wind or vandals overturn the barriers, its a minefield for contractors, and a nice little earner for councils

The Wroxham works weren't there when I went through yesterday morning, but was there  this morning, but no sign of any work.

Meanwhile...

At the Junction of the A1151 and the A149 between  Cats common and Wayford bridge, the road to North Walsham is closed off saying " Access only NO through road".

18 minutes ago, marshman said:

You will be pleased to know that the bloke was taking the lights away this afternoon - two days worth of lights for seemingly b***er all!!

They’ll probably be back next week to finish what they didn’t start this week! :default_hiding:

• Sad 2

Apparently after enquiries were made as these roadworks were not listed anywhere, it seems that the works were cancelled. BUT the company forgot to tell the traffic management company who duly turned up and set up the cones and lights. :facepalm:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/03/2022 at 10:36, BroadAmbition said:

I drive down yesterday via A1, A17, A47, NDR then through Wroxham to Stalham. The only active roadworks I encountered were Sutton Bridge which was only 15 mins delay

Griff

Went to the boat Monday, Sutton Bridge wasn't a problem going late evening, a bit different this lunch time, almost an hour to get through. Will get worse in May with some full overnight closures and diversions.

• Sad 1

The A17 does my nut in so I tend to go Kings Lynn, staying on the A47 and joining the A1 just beyond it and then go north. 

Yes its a bit longer but I would rather keep going rather than gazing up the backside of a trailer of turnips on the A17!!!!

down here in kent we arent getting road works, just not getting anywhere because the lorries are parked on all the roads, if there is any reason fuel supplies arent getting through, it will be because the tankers are stuck in the queues.

They're back...

The road works outside MacArthy and Stone on the A149, just south of the Tescos turning in Stalham.

Just what you need with queues from the Tesco PFS, and it being the easter Hols... 

They're back,

The idiot protestors blocking the refineries..

24 minutes ago, TheQ said:

They're back...

The road works outside MacArthy and Stone on the A149, just south of the Tescos turning in Stalham.

Just what you need with queues from the Tesco PFS, and it being the easter Hols... 

They're back,

The idiot protestors blocking the refineries..

Showing a Norfolk CC till 22 April with Temporary Lights with delays unlikely

The North Walsham road from the Hoveton - Stalham road is now open.

The Coltishall road NDR roundabout is cone city... Cones all around it and down onto the NDR towards the Wroxham road roundabout. The reason? something large tried to go through the Armco about 100 yards down from the roundabut.. I suspect the repairs will only take a couple of days.

Oh Tesco Stalham PFS had a tanker in this morning, and the Roys one a couple of days ago but they have no diesel again..

If anyone is in the area and happens to read this, I am picking up that there has been an accident and serious gas leak down by the social club in Wroxham. Norwich road closed, people being evacuated. Diversion probably round through Coltishall. Traffic obviously already backed up. 

We had plans to go over to Salhouse about now but have had to cancel that. 

I was in the jam behind that at the flower shop when told, the jam went back past the railway bridge. Having already been in a traffic jam on Fifers way, and another up to the Coltishall NDR roundabout, where traffic was backing up off the Colitshall road so there was something up there too.. So I diverted Via Acle, was very late home..

The road is clear this morning..