Toll Account Just In

gancanny

What isn’t increasing?  I’ve just had an email from BT confirming that my broadband and phone package will be increasing by the January RPI figure plus 3.9%.  Anglian Water are increasing their charges by just over 6%, gas and electric are spiralling upwards to a level no one can predict and diesel at our local garage was £1.62/ litre when we passed on Sunday.

I bet the BA are regretting not increasing their tolls by more, just to keep in line with everyone else!!

• Like 1

Just now, Smoggy said:

That's wrong, boats can still use red after april and the 60/40 thing still goes, NI have a change for boat use but not the rest of the UK, construction plant and the like have to use white after april.

Still cant get my head round the new rules, the're changing all the time, i'll check with Stephen at the weekend, he thought he would have to clean his tank out and only supply white from April.

My toll is £0.98p less than last year.

I'm seeking financial advice on how to invest my new found wealth 👍

(Changed to a slightly smaller boat, although we have more space than before so a rare win/win)

• Haha 1

I haven't calculated the increase but it's more than most because I'm adding my little sailing boat @ £55 per toll. I'm desperately trying to finish her for the start of the season at the end of the month..

which reminds me, time I got some insurance quotes in...?

7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Hows diesel prices on the rivers looking?

I dont know, but spotted diesel at £177.9 on the motorway (highway robbery) made it home and was just touching the red line when I filled at Asda at £152.7, strange at the red line there was still supposedly 12 litres left in the tank, and at the 47.9mpg I was getting going to leicester and back for 3 hours training not too shabby.

I think we should all as a human race not use petrol and diesel for say a month then they’d have to lower their prices. 

I cant understand we panic but then that forces the price and they know they can charge what they like and we pay it. 

We need a revolution now! 

8 hours ago, Bikertov said:

Costco fuel is a good deal - I pay the same for super unleaded as the supermarkets charge for regular.

That’s great if you live near one.  Check out the map on their website to see the allocation of Costco warehouses in Norfolk and Suffolk! 😉

2 hours ago, Roy said:

I think we should all as a human race not use petrol and diesel for say a month then they’d have to lower their prices. 

I cant understand we panic but then that forces the price and they know they can charge what they like and we pay it. 

We need a revolution now! 

There may (or may not) be one or two flaws with this idea 😂

No revolutions please, we're British (other nationalities are available).

When you come right down to it... Oil companies have us over a barrel. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mouldy said:

That’s great if you live near one.  Check out the map on their website to see the allocation of Costco warehouses in Norfolk and Suffolk! 😉

Ooops ... Guess I am spoilt, I've got one literally at the bottom of my road (albeit 2 miles down that road) :default_biggrin:

So, thread back on track, my toll notice appeared in my emails yesterday afternoon - just a £14 increase over last year.  Given the way everything else is rising in price, I can live with that . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . might have to sell a kidney to cover my gas bill, though!!

@BroadsAuthority

A question maybe Tom can clarify, I just got the toll through and had a smooch through the schedule of tolls and spotted the bit about great yarmouth and lowestoft harbours not being covered by the BA toll, as I understand it this was always the case and that harbour dues were waived by the port for vessels passing through to/from the broads, is this still the case or have peel ports changed this policy?

A call with the port said I "probably" wouldn't get charged but nothing definite, any chance you can find out for sure for me?

GY has always been my choice of entry/exit and don't fancy getting £68 slapped on me each time.

49 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

might have to sell a kidney to cover my gas bill, though!!

I can live with £16.12 extra, it'll be the least scary cost increase for the year.

I've saving my kidney for the diesel bill.

Our toll is only about £16 higher now than the last EA licence was going to be for the great ouse in 2012, hence the move to the broads, I'm not moaning about it.

• Like 1

Actually quite pleased with the small increase in tolls this year. Was also pleased to see that my annual car insurance policy renewal (LV) came in at only£2 more than last year despite my claiming nearly £1000 for a replacement all-singing/all-dancing windscreen. As far as the rest is concerned, we have already adopted the "skint" mindset. Washer and dishwasher on Economy 7, heating on timer, thermostat turned down, clothes drying on the line rather than the tumble dryer, fewer/longer duration trips to the boat and bulk buying wherever possible. 

Ours came in last week too.  A rise of £20:80p or 3:5%

The Broads Authority have cocked right up here and missed a trick as traditionally since we first launched 'B.A' back in 2007,  the Ba have always hiked the toll up more than the annual rate of inflation year in year out.

In 2007 our toll was £275 - now it is over £600 a rise of over £120% in fifteen years

This year for the first time in living memory it is LESS than the current rate of inflation.  Of course they set this rise amount prior to inflation taking off when the annual inflation rate was below 3:5%

Gettin, I bet they are spitting feathers :default_rofl:

One back for the little guy - At last! :default_beerchug:

Griff