Water Rail Out And About.

Saw you go through our very small fleet on Sunday, with the big event at Barton and the weather forecast numbers were well down.  Got very wet  I did.

Then saw you come back through on Monday as I washed the green off the motor boat that'll need doing again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Never mind the varnishing, have you fell in yet?

It's what we're all waiting to find out.....

No, but I was paddling my feet in the water as I varnished the side facing the Quay heading, sitting on the Quay heading was the perfect height, and cooled my tootsies at the same time.

3rd coat is done both sides don't think I will get another coat done today, but let's see what tomorrow brings. 

• Like 8

Departed Acle just after 8, in no rush headed for great Yarmouth, revs for 4.5 mph, low tides not until 3pm, but I am staying overnight., a good chance for a decent shower and a Chinese takeaway. Arrived great Yarmouth sometime around 11am, with about 1mph current,  making it an easy mooring, staff arrived just as I stepped off  with both ropes., did a quick tie up, then got my long ropes and laid out springs. Kettle  on for coffee.

En route I had to make an emergency pit stop at Runham gap to use the wc.( the hazard of solo boating).

I might have a wander into town later.

• Like 6

I have been here a couple of hours, so naturally I have taken the opportunity to get another coat of varnish on, the old tin has now run out. So that's 4 coats of varnish so far this week, which should help to deal any remaining leaks, and provide some protection.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, grendel said:

So that's 4 coats of varnish so far this week, which should help to deal any remaining leaks, and provide some protection.

You could have worn a hat! :default_biggrin:

• Haha 4

On 18/06/2024 at 14:04, grendel said:

Time to go to the cafe and treat myself to an ice cream.

Do you know some resorts abroad have bars and cafes in their swimming pools, you'd be right at home there Grendel :default_biggrin:

Grace x

• Haha 2

I had an evening out in great Yarmouth,  in the end after my Chinese arrived. 

This morning I woke just after 5am, looked out and it was a beautiful  day out. So preparations were made, and about 1 1/2 hours after low water, I went through the bridges at 8'3", no need to  drop the mast. Crossed breydon with a 1 1/2 mph gain from the revs I had applied (revs for 4 1/2 mph)

Breydon was millpond flat, as we're the rivers and soon I was through Reedham (moorings all full), past hardly cross (also full) and then past cantly mill (2 boats) finally spotted some places at the cantly reedcutters  so pulled in there for a coffee and cheese and bacon turnovers for breakfast.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Moored up in Rockland short dyke, the dredging runs from the end of the moorings, all the way to the entrance.

It's narrow but passable, I have cleared a paçth fom the footpath, next job varnish 

• Like 2

Back in the world of phone signal, after Rockland short dyke. , headed for the new cut then up the waveney, I was hoping for a mooring at petos Marsh, but that was full, that made my mind up, I had miscalculated meals, so tea tonight would have been a breakfast, now I can get a Chinese or something, I proceeded to the yacht station and moored up  stern on to the inside of the pontoon, next job a coffee, after that - more varnish.

• Like 7

So coat 6 of varnish went on, after that  I showered using the yacht station facilities, then about 4.30 I ordered a meal box from magic wok, these are great as they are just enough (I usually find even the set meals are too much.

Anyhow, I had the  sweet and  sour  chicken (hk style) with noodles for £10  wandered down to collect then back to the boat to eat it. Very nice.

Catching up on a couple of YouTube videos.

• Like 6

I tried to get the boat even closure but as I got up for some reason I twisted my knee.  Now hobbling about and it is ruddy painful.  Got to remember I am not as agile as I used to be.  Lesson learned.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

On 19/06/2024 at 11:59, grendel said:

En route I had to make an emergency pit stop at Runham gap to use the wc.( the hazard of solo boating).

Isn't it just. Plenty of places you can float about in the reeds if it's quiet but not on the lower Bure of course.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Isn't it just. Plenty of places you can float about in the reeds if it's quiet but not on the lower Bure of course.

He does enough floating about in the reeds thank you. We are trying to encourage him to actually stay on the boat a bit more....

• Haha 10

16 hours ago, Hylander said:

I tried to get the boat even closure but as I got up for some reason I twisted my knee.  Now hobbling about and it is ruddy painful.  Got to remember I am not as agile as I used to be.  Lesson learned.

Here you go:-

20240621_104433.jpg.282457d743d75fca6e60ec40c6aec01f.thumb.jpg.76b1d0d17201f08675e22ef3feb24806.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1