The End Of The World.

BrundallNavy

We passed it last week to and from HWs. It looks a mess but as has been said there seems to be less rough looking live aboards than there used to be. It always intrigues my wife when we see such boats. As the saying goes. The light is on but no one's at home. 

Got to have tax, whether private mooring or not, and yes, to get said tax, got to have a BSS certificate. That's the rules - not always followed by some, and it takes a long while for the authority to take meaningful action, in some cases.

2 hours ago, Regulo said:

Got to have tax, whether private mooring or not, and yes, to get said tax, got to have a BSS certificate. That's the rules - not always followed by some, and it takes a long while for the authority to take meaningful action, in some cases.

Possibly exempt if registered as a haven for moths:default_biggrin:.

Kindest regards Marge and Parge 

Sorry to have to correct you, Regulo, but this Foster 30 is not moored in "adjacent waters" when it is moored at the boat owner's own mooring plot. There is, therefore, I believe, no requirement for either a BA toll to be paid or a boat safety certificate. It would only require a toll to have been paid and a current BSS if it were moored on the plot frontage. As always I stand to be corrected if I am incorrect in my reading of the situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, expilot said:

Sorry to have to correct you, Regulo, but this Foster 30 is not moored in "adjacent waters" when it is moored at the boat owner's own mooring plot. There is, therefore, I believe, no requirement for either a BA toll to be paid or a boat safety certificate. It would only require a toll to have been paid and a current BSS if it were moored on the plot frontage. As always I stand to be corrected if I am incorrect in my reading of the situation.

Just like a car parked on a private drive I assume?

21 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

What is the asking price?

Not on FB Marketplace, just a FB group called ‘is the light still on’ or similar and no, I’m certainly not a member, although nearly 100 people are.

Personally, I think you’d have to pay someone to take it away.  Bloody eyesore!

I stand corrected. From the BA website:

"Are there any main areas that are exempt and are not considered adjacent waters?

Any waters which are used, whether for mooring or navigation only, by an occupant of an adjoining residential dwelling."

I presume that to mean, as long as the vessel doesn't move onto the main navigation.

• 4 months later...