The End Of The World.

BrundallNavy

I’m sick of the sight of that ruddy boat.  There’s even a bloody FB group for the darned thing!!  🤷‍♂️  It’s a bit like the obligatory picture of the monument at the side of the A11 near Elvedon or Sutton Bridge when folk are on the way to Norfolk for their holibobs.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Happy said:

Maybe I should put in an offer before that happens!?

Recon it's just a local warning for that boat . If the light is off the knackered battery won't charge so the bilge won't pump and as you say the end would be nigh for that boat.

Keep the light on and save the day. 

Kindest regards Marge and Parge 

3 hours ago, BrundallNavy said:

Apparently the end of the world is coming when the light goes out. 

11C625DB-2AF0-4C39-A8D9-E765ECCB752B.jpeg

For many ,they know they've  arrived on the broads. When they pick up there boat.Visits to Wroxsham, Great Yarmouth, Norwich to name but a few.Some it seems passing by this sad boat makes there trip.Takes all sorts I suppose. 

3 hours ago, Mouldy said:

I’m sick of the sight of that ruddy boat.  There’s even a bloody FB group for the darned thing!!  🤷‍♂️  It’s a bit like the obligatory picture of the monument at the side of the A11 near Elvedon or Sutton Bridge when folk are on the way to Norfolk for their holibobs.

Or the obligatory picture of Hunset Mill, St Bennet's Abbey, Pye's Mill, Oulton Broad An  Owl A Heron, Bitten Otter Marsh Harrier Sunset, Sunrise,Big Sky, Peaceful waters,Threatening Sky or indeed anything that someone takes a photo of and puts on the net for the benefit of those not fortunate enough to live here .

Some folks miss the Broads when not here and appreciate seeing photos to remind them of the beauty and otherwise of this place 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

One of many eyesores on the broads tbh, to be fair though nowhere near as many as there use to be. Always makes me chuckle when I go past. Someone obviously has made the effort to change the bulb over the years, why ?? Lol. It's fibreglass so it could be made good with some investment and effort. 

About 15 or more years ago. We were looking ata  boat at NYA Horning when looking out the window I spotted a Broom 30 in a right old state of neglect. I went to have a closer look and realised it had once belonged to Tony. I thought it would be a good project to restore and sell on. He was horrified at the prospect. I often wonder what became of her. She was called Shirdar.

Carole