Cancer And Me.

• 1 month later...

I think I've posted about my COPD in recent  months. I've also had problems  with my Prostate  and pains in my sides and Stomach. I saw a Consultant  this morning. He said my Prostate  was not Cancerous,but my PSA was still a little  high.So will see him January. Also have done the bowel screening  test and will need further  tests.And if that's not enough. Zac my Cancer  Consultant  phoned me this afternoon. His seen my CT and MRI scans.Theres problems  in lungs,  spine head and Stomach. He is waiting  for reports then make a plan which may be more Radiotherapy. I said what ever it takes. Not the news I welcome, but will take it as it comes. 

• Sad 8
  • Love 4

You are an absolute inspiration. I know this is just 'a forum' but your friends on here have got your back, we are all routing for you and I'll turn you into an Arsenal supporter if it's the last thing I do :default_biggrin:

All the very best to you, Marina and family x

• Thanks 1

There's no doubt  I'm facing a tough fight.One I will try my hardest to win.

Just watching  Rob Burrow,his wife and Kevin  Shinfield. That is a dreadful  illness. 

I can't impress enough. It's important  to check your health. If you don't feel well see the Doctor. I'm lucky  Ican ser my GP.Some have problems  doing so.If there's a problem,phone 111 They will help. 

Ian.

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Still not out of the woods.I had a MRI and CT in October. Marina and I saw Zac my Consultant  on 21 November. There seemed to be a problem  at first with my head.He sent everything  down to Addenbrookes. They checked and said with my head no treatment  required. Regarding my CT, it showed small spots at the top of my lungs.We discussed  the options and decided  on Chemotherapy and immunotherapy. Then my luck,following  a bowel  screening  test.I had a CT and the camera. Thankfully  no cancer on my stomach  ,but I now have diverticulitis. I now keep a check on what I  eat.Last Thursday  I had my first treatment. So far, not to many side effects. Feel tired  at times.My taste  buds have gone south.Everything tastes of sugar and my mouth is saw.I went to hospital  this morning. They've  given me tablets hopefully  that will sort it out.I will have four treatments 3 weeks apart over 12 weeks. Reviews,then they may reduce the  dose  for up to two years.My treatments  take place  at the Sandra Chapman  Centre  James Paget. It's very relaxed  you can make tea,coffee  and during  treatment  you get lunch.I have access via mobile 24 hours and if I need to go A&E I'm  fast tracked so no waiting hours.Will go straight  onto the ward. I'm okay  feelng a bit overwhelmed  at times,but still continue  to be positive. 

Ian

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Glad to hear the side effects are not too dire Ian. Hope that continues. My mother had diverticulitis for at least 20 years before her  death at 95 and it never gave her too much bother.Believe me had it done so, my mother  would have made sure we all  knew about it!   Hope all this doesn't interfere with your enjoyment of Christmas and you and your family have a really good one.

Carole

• Thanks 1