Cancer And Me.

Some people  kindly ask me.How do you cope with Cancer? Good question the simple answer  is stay positive. Take all the advice from the experts.Try and maintain  some independence.You at times will feel tied,unwell sometimes  worried.It helps to talk.I gain lots on monthly Macmillian  mornings. Next one Thursday. You get to met others with Cancer.Its never a sad morning,the opposite cheerful encouraging  and uplifting. Also the Macmillian  support  line which has lots of info.Dont forget you're  not alone.Theres help and support  when you need it.

If even in a small way I can help,I will

If anyone wants to speak  to me.Send me a PM I will give you my mobile number. 

Stay safe and keep a check  on your health. 

Ian.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Some people  kindly ask me.How do you cope with Cancer? Good question the simple answer  is stay positive. Take all the advice from the experts.Try and maintain  some independence.You at times will feel tied,unwell sometimes  worried.It helps to talk.I gain lots on monthly Macmillian  mornings. Next one Thursday. You get to met others with Cancer.Its never a sad morning,the opposite cheerful encouraging  and uplifting. Also the Macmillian  support  line which has lots of info.Dont forget you're  not alone.Theres help and support  when you need it.

If even in a small way I can help,I will

If anyone wants to speak  to me.Send me a PM I will give you my mobile number. 

Stay safe and keep a check  on your health. 

Ian.

Heartfelt thoughts , best wishes and the greatest respect to you sir. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

At first my treatment  seemed to be going in the right direction. Then since Monday last week.Things started to changed. My taste  bubs didn’t  want  to play. I  eat very little. Sunday Ifell out of the shower  and neither  Marina or I could  get me up.Then yesterday  after a wash I fell again.3 hours on the floor.Then via Ambulance  James Paget. All tests my BP standing becomes  low so to is my sodium  levels.Im on a drip to hopefully  improve  those levels.WIl be here at very least tomorrow 

One good thing I've started  to eat a little.

Ian.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Good morning  all.Thankfully I slept  better.Only woke once or twice. Feel a bit better.There still trying  to improve  my BP and sodium. Think that's there  aim today.I will try to increase  my food a bit..

Ian.

Thinking of you Ian.    They are great at James Paget, and on the drip of concentrated ( I was going to say Prosecco sorry just trying to wind Gracie up) good stuff you will soon feel your old self again.       When your levels drop as yours did , you just feel like a limp rag, you have absolutely no get up and go.   Yes I have been there , but thankfully without your complications.     3 or 4 days on the good stuff and I am sure they will let you home.    Moral of this story,   blow showering or bathing , we would rather have you in one piece.      Must say well done to Marina.     God bless you both.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

37 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Thinking of you Ian.    They are great at James Paget, and on the drip of concentrated ( I was going to say Prosecco sorry just trying to wind Gracie up) good stuff you will soon feel your old self again.       When your levels drop as yours did , you just feel like a limp rag, you have absolutely no get up and go.   Yes I have been there , but thankfully without your complications.     3 or 4 days on the good stuff and I am sure they will let you home.    Moral of this story,   blow showering or bathing , we would rather have you in one piece.      Must say well done to Marina.     God bless you both.

Sat down okay just standing. That's what there Tring to getbon top of.For me a gold watch I'm my drip.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ray said:

Starting to eat again can only be a good sign 👍

Sod the eating, the good sign is that he's back to moaning about everything! He's got a tv and was watching a home decorating show and saying how bad of a job they are doing!.. Everything crossed they don't put a cooking show on! 

Hopefully you are home soon.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

Sod the eating, the good sign is that he's back to moaning about everything! He's got a tv and was watching a home decorating show and saying how bad of a job they are doing!.. Everything crossed they don't put a cooking show on! 

Hopefully you are home soon.

I've  watched all them to.Some of them couldn't  cook for toffees. 

• Haha 7

Hi All,

I think it's probably best to share a bit of an update on dad. He is still in James Pageant Hospital. His stats had looked good and was off the drip and was eating and drinking well and even sitting up and getting mobile with the help of Physio. Sadly yesterday he become mute and distant and I suspect he's suffered a stroke.  Test results should be back today and hopefully we get some more details soon.  But if you can offer thoughts and prays perhaps that will help.  The family are visiting daily.  I'll provide more details as and when.

• Sad 14

Thank you Jaws for the update. I and I am sure the rest of his forum family will be sending everything in the way of thoughts and love to him and the whole family

If he can understand, please tell him we are fighting in spirit with him and for him 

Love Grace xxx

• Like 5
  • Love 1