Cancer And Me.

Alan to you your Mum, Sister and family No decision about a family member is easy.

Having had those choices to make. My heart goes out to you.

Do the right thing for your Dad

My thoughts are with you all.

• Thanks 1

Hi all. 

Some positive news. Dad changed consultant's and wards and has started to improve. He is more awake. Anti seizilure meds have been changed and he has responded and now has only small seizures. He started to talk today. He has a long way to go but it's a lot less dark than it was. Please keep thinking of him.. something worked. Huge thanks to all. 

• Like 18
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

Hi all. 

Some positive news. Dad changed consultant's and wards and has started to improve. He is more awake. Anti seizilure meds have been changed and he has responded and now has only small seizures. He started to talk today. He has a long way to go but it's a lot less dark than it was. Please keep thinking of him.. something worked. Huge thanks to all. 

Great news.  Thanks

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Oh Alan, I am so pleased for you all. Send him our love and a great big hug to yourself , your family and of course your dad

Tell him I'm missing winding him up about Arsenal and Chelsea

Perhaps there are miracles after all or maybe it's down to your dad's fighting spirit, determination and the love of his family 

Loads of love to you all :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Fantastic news, what a warrior.

play him this song ( if the link works! ) Chumbawamba. Tub thumping “ I get knocked down, but I get up again” seems very apt for him. Continued best wishes from a frosty but beautiful Bonnie Scotland . 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Wonderwall said:

Fantastic news, what a warrior.

play him this song ( if the link works! ) Chumbawamba. Tub thumping “ I get knocked down, but I get up again” seems very apt for him. Continued best wishes from a frosty but beautiful Bonnie Scotland . 

Brilliant song - it is even on my official wedding video !

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, YnysMon said:

That’s wonderful news Alan. Here’s to your Dad’s contingency recovery. 

Oh flip, fat finger syndrome strikes again...I meant here's hoping to you Dad's continuing recovery!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Huge thanks all. Mum.rang me a little while ago and said he had just called her on his mobile which we left there.. pretty insane considering. So don't be surprised if he's back posting in the next few hours! Whatever drugs he's on I bloody want some!!

• Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

58 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

said he had just called her on his mobile which we left there.. pretty insane considering.

That’s amazing. His will is very mighty indeed. 

• Like 4

Update from mum who's visiting him now. Quite a remarkable recovery considering what he was like. NBM was. High flow oxygen so he's basically back to normal oxygen and breathing for himself.

Morning All, update on Ian,
Tuesday 9th January. 
We have some good news.
Ian no longer has covid and has been taken off of NBM, so he can eat soft foods and drink liquid. 
The doctor will be round,as yesterday they were short staff, so that's why I did not see a doctor. 
At the moment Ian keeps going into a sleep,  so that's why I am writing and posting this message. 
So fingers crossed we / Ian is slowly getting there. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and wishes. Regards Marina

• Like 8
  • Love 4