Cancer And Me.

Back home yesterday  evening. This may help.Like most  undergoing  Radiotherapy. You need f50 sun cream and aftersun later.Think it was Tuesday suncream  due to sweating got in my eyes.Sore for hours.I asked in boots if there was one for eyes. Thanks  to a chap he looked on line. (See) photo not cheap, £20 but it works well only need a little.I put some on my forehead and eyes.

20230617_115110.jpg

• Thanks 1

I had my last treatment  yesterday  afternoon. I have a phone consultation  today with Zac JP.Then one on Friday from Addenbrookes. Once again very pleased  with the care given to me.Hoppfully  that will be a good present for Marina. Who's birthday  it is Friday.

A few photos  of my musk,used for my Radiotherapy. 

20230619_125743.jpg

20230619_125739.jpg

• Like 5

Spoke with Addenbrookes.Like Zac they asked about  side affects. Thankfully  not to many.The main  ones head aches.One odd thing Monday  evening.  We were having  dinner.Both my fore fingers and index fingers,stuck together  and I had to move  them apart. The Doctor  thinks that's the Steroids which I stopped by Tuesday. She couldn't  tell me if the Cancer  has gone. A Follow l óMRI next mp th.Tjen see Zac August. 

All the very best Ian, it looks like you have the best of the best looking after you.

I am undergoing radiotherapy at present, 10 months after surgery as "it" has returned. The worst part of my treatment was the fitting of the rectal spacer last week. Why is it that every time I'm in theatre, on my back, with my legs apart, there's a few young nurses around? 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Not quite this time. On the first of July I came via Ambulance  to James Paget with poor breathing. Lots of tests,they ruled out things like pneumonia, it was my COPD. My breathing  improved during the day and they let me home .I was still under the care of the hospital  and I recorded  my obs and a nurse  phoned  me each day.I took my Antibiotics  and steroids.After a few days I was a lot better.Then a few days ago my obs were not good again so yesterday  evening  I phoned  111,after questions  then sent an Ambulance  back to JP more tests.I am on low levels  of oxygen  (1 lt ). One consultant  thinks its what he called a low grade infection. So more antibiotics and steroids for two weeks. They hope  to send  me home tomorrow, providing  my obs are not to low when walking.

Who have I 😡 upset? As for Cancer.  As far as I can tell moving in the right direction. A few headaches and  little lightheaded times.That could also be my breathing. 

• Sad 6

Sunday never happened. In my bay there was five of us.Four due to go out.None of us due to the Doctors  strike.Which was a blessing in disguise My stats were low.Checks on my stats early yesterday  morning off oxygen  had improved  a great deal,then  saw the consultant who said I could go home. off oxygen. My low level infection is an infection  in my windpipe.Still on steriod for nearly  two weeks and antibiotics  for a week.So again a very worrying  time for the both of us.It certainly  worried me more the the Cancer oddly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Yes and no , not complaining,but l was in three wards. Two of which linked to a & e.Friday to Saturday no sleep.Saturday to Sunday  slept well.Sunday to Monday  poor sleep.At home up at 06.50.For me a good night's sleep.The worse thing was the worry of not improving  and a life on oxygen. What I found out which no one told me before. Oxygen and COPD  are not good partners. Co2 levels  can increase which can be dangerous for COPD suffers.I will still be checked on daily for the next two weeks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've set up a just giving  page in aid of the Macmillan  coffee  morning. I'm doing the coffee morning at our house  on the 29 September 2023 from 10.00am  to 1.00 pm. I'm  doing coffee  and cakes ,snacks with a raffle ,and donations.I hope a few of my Macmillan  nurses  can attend. I attend coffee  mornings  each month  at JP.They've  been very helpful  to me and have become good friends .I understand  most of you won't be close to me on that date. However  all are welcome  just pm me for our address or if possible  please  donate  to my just giving  page Macmillan is  a charity  that helps some many people  with Cancer. 

Thankyou Ian 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I had a MRI,monday last week and will speak with my Consultant  on 22 August.Hopefully I will have good news.If not I will take it as it is comes.Friday last week and over the weekend  my oxygen  levels dropped very low,with dizzy spels. I Had bloods on Monday  Thankfully  my windpipe infection  has cleared,however I'm back on steroids  for about  a month and a half.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2023 at 14:00, Chelsea14Ian said:

I've set up a just giving  page in aid of the Macmillan  coffee  morning. I'm doing the coffee morning at our house  on the 29 September 2023 from 10.00am  to 1.00 pm. I'm  doing coffee  and cakes ,snacks with a raffle ,and donations.I hope a few of my Macmillan  nurses  can attend. I attend coffee  mornings  each month  at JP.They've  been very helpful  to me and have become good friends .I understand  most of you won't be close to me on that date. However  all are welcome  just pm me for our address or if possible  please  donate  to my just giving  page Macmillan is  a charity  that helps some many people  with Cancer. 

Thankyou Ian 

Sadly I've had a number of problems with the just giving page.Ive tried to resolve the problem,without  success. So please  don't attempt  to donate  to my just giving page.I will soon close  this page.

• Like 1