Cancer And Me.

I had a CT scan early last month.Part of a 3 month check up.By chance because I had problems with my ears I had a MRI on my head.Then to see my Cancer consultant. A problem showed up in my head.So a more detailed MRI with infusion. Zak said I may require Radiotherapy if it was Cancer. So very worrying again.Thanks go to Macmillan nurses they have been to both of us..We saw Zaclast week .He said he would speck to consultants in Cambridge. They are more experienced in this kind of Cancer.Pleased to say not Cancer but benign. No treatment  required. As normal follow  up CT and MRI in three months time.

A big thankyou to Zak his team and the Macmillan nurses.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Great news Ian. The thing about being in the hospital set-up (a blessing in disguise), is that they do keep an eye on you and can locate problems before you even know yourself. I remember my wife not wanting to be discharged after 5 years because she felt safer under their watch. 

• Like 4

Hi Ian I don't know how many of us forum Members have had Cancer in our lives but you've done very well coming through these Two Treatments I've had chemo Therapy as I've come through it. I now  continue to come on the Broads every Year I do hope Ian will do the same to have a well-earned break as you really  deserve it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi Ian I don't know how many of us forum Members have had Cancer in our lives but you've done very well coming through these Two Treatments I've had chemo Therapy as I've come through it. I now  continue to come on the Broads every Year I do hope Ian will do the same to have a well-earned break as you really  deserve it 

They say that one in two of us will get cancer in our lifetime. Some will live with it without knowing. Some will know and it will not effect them whatsoever. Some of course will have to make the journey. 

It is a journey which is all embracing, family, friends, nurses, surgeon's, consultants and of course your local doctor.

You will not walk alone.

Old Wussername 

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I had a CT and MRI about four weeks ago.Which are follow up scans.I saw my Consultant  on Tuesday,hoping alls well.Zac said my CT scan was fine.However my MRI on my head showed that the lump in my head had got a little bigger.He said he would send scans to the consultant s at Addenbrookes..He asked if I would be prepared to go there for treatment. My reply what ever he thought  best.Todsy they phoned me,so we are going to Cambridge  tomorrow  to see the consultant,my have another MRI and not sure  if I will have Radiotherapy as well.My appointment  is at 11.00am tomorrow. Not the news I wanted,but I know what to expect. 

• Sad 6
  • Love 3

We got back home just gone 5.00pm. A long day,Got to the Hospital  early,we never been there before.Saw the Doctor  at 11.00am.She explained everything so next Friday MRI and CT scans,the see the Consultant. The following  Friday One course of Radiotherapy. There's now one spot on the left one on my right hand.So they will treat both spots the review. Hopefully  one course  will do.We liked the hospital so much,we went back at least three times.We couldn't  find our way back to the A11.Got there in the end.Its a big Hospital in a very big complex.

Been there. Done that. They are on the plot. 

You are going to be OK.

Addenbrooks, got to be one of the best hospitals in the UK? Europe? No, of world wide renown.

Bit of scanxiety, you can cope with that.

Drink plenty of fluids and keep your spirits up. 

I found beer and whisky helped.

• Like 2

At least that’s the first step taken. It sounds as if you got on well with the people and have faith in them. Thoughts with you and the family as I’m sure it must be an anxious time for you all. 

• Like 2