Cancer And Me.

Many thanks to all of you.Theres no doubt  I never wanted Cancer.That said I deal with it head on I take advice  from the Medics.The care I received  from all the hospitals is outstanding. I can't thank them enough. I enjoy the Macmillan coffee mornings each month  at JP hospital. The nurses  have become almost friends. It may seem strange to say,but it's easier  for me with Cancer.Not so for Marina ,Nicola ,Alan and my family.Do I want people  to feel sorry for me NO.If I can bring even a little understanding  of Cancer.That would please me.Theres is only one big C.Thats the clarity here in the east,not sure if its nation wide.Its a drop in centre for those with Cancer,There's one in Great Yarmouth,N&N and one at Addenbrookes.Let's call it by name it's Cancer accept  that and face it head on.Do I want a pat on the back no.If even in a very small way,understanding,helping others that's great.Am I out of the woods no,I remain positive,it won't get the better of me.

Lastly my day yesterday. We got to the hospital  early.So we went to the cafe there.We had coffee,I was enjoying 😉  a toastie.Part of a tooth  dropped  out.On the way home a phone call from Broadsedge. 🧜‍♀️ Mermaids gone back in the water,oh and I won £3 on the lotto.Now what to spend my winnings on.Its nice and sunny here,hope you all have a nice day.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

And it was all going so well until! Last week I had MRI and a Cat scan mask fitted ready  for Radiotherapy. They found  two tumours. Doctor felt one hit would be enough. Then yesterday  I had a phone call from Addenbrookes ,they reviewed  my scans  again  and felt one would be unwise  so today cancelled re booked for next Friday  just on the lefthand side.Then following  Monday Wednesday Friday and the next Monday. One strong  on left side,four reduced  on the right side.Due to the one on the right being close to my brain stem. Not the news I hoped for,it is what it is.They have offered  us both accommodation,problem is no room in the Inn for the cats.So we are thinking may be I'll spend some time there on my own. We're  see how to do things during  the week.

• Sad 11

Really sorry to hear this Ian. And of course know to some extent how you must be feeling. As you say it is what it is and you just have to keep going along  with  what ever it throws you. Reassuring that the hospital is giving it such close attention. Good luck with the treatment. When it's all behind you you can retreat to Mermaid to recover ,

Carole

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First course  of Radiotherapy  today.Thankfully back on Monday  and Marina and I  will stay there until next Friday,then there and back on the following  Monday.I am upbeat,not much gets the better if me.I just want to get the treatment  and results ASAP. 

• Like 8

yes, all the patient has to do is sit there, its more dificult for the families to find something to do for the day, while the treatment is happening, unless they are able to sit and chat to you all day, but that wears after a while too., when we were taking my MIL to her treatments, we would drop her off then go for a day out- watching planes at heathrow or gatwick, or similar. MIL had a whale of a time chatting to the others during the treatment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

May seem odd,but I think  it's worse for partners  and family.I just take things as it comes.

I have no end of admiration for your positive attitude Ian. I'd probably be crushed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

May seem odd,but I think  it's worse for partners  and family.I just take things as it comes.

Hi Ian, yes I can certainly agree... wife has had lung cancer twice now in 3 years with the latest in March resulting in her lung being removed..  sadly it was not a full success as after a scan it showed some more tumours that are extremely close to an artery... now it is intense radiotherapy for her every day 5 days per week for a period of of 4 weeks at Barts st Paul's... this week all preliminary tests have been done including the remaining lung efficency test , mask/mesh frame that will cover the area needing treatment.

Now we wait for the commencement date of the radiotherapy to begin.

Stressful time for us all even though I've managed to stay at work I know that might change depending on condition and reaction to her course of treatment.

Oh we are also in Broadsedge and last weekend had a wander and saw your boat looking splendid.

All the best Ian with your ongoing treatment .

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

We got home just gone  6.00pm.No cooking we called In the chippy.A long day.Strong course of Radiotherapy  on the Left hand side of my head.Then first lower course  on my right hand side.So far just one slight head ache.,and as they said a little swelling,where I was zapped. So back Monday for three treatments,home next Friday. Then last treatment Monday week.

• Like 1