Who's For Celebration For Kings Coronation

Andrewcook

We are afloat from Friday. Priority Saturday morning is to find a mooring with a good TV signal. Even if you aren’t a monarchist, having the first coronation since 1952 is pretty special. Apart from anything else, I’m looking forward to the music.

• Like 3

I will be pleased to have our new King crowned and will probably watch the main bit on telly at home, but won't be watching all day long.

We are back on the boat next Thursday (11th).....I will toast the King with a pint or two of Norfolk's finest on Thursday, and Friday.......oh and Sa..........................

• Like 1

well, for the second time in the last 6 months I will spend the day watching TV, this is something I never normally do, but this is a special occasion, as was the last instance, sad indeed but special, this celebration we hope is more joyous. next trick will be to see if my tv and freesat box are still functioning.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

And conveniently timed to not clash with F1 later in the day. :default_biggrin:

Someone on the planning committee an F1 fan perchance? Seriously though, once May starts up there are so many events going on from then through to September, it must have been a nightmare trying to fix a date. 

• Like 1

I'm meeting a few long standing friends , going for a beer or two , then going to to the Hibs game . I then have a nice night planned with my good lady and another couple whom we have been friends with for a long time . A night in with  good food , drinks and laughs .

It's really just another Saturday for me .

I hope everyone has lovely day. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I shall walk the pooch, cut the grass and do a bit of weeding, there may be a nap after lunch.

Very best wishes to the King and Queen, it's just that all the pomp and ceremony bores me to tears. I can't help it, it's nothing personal and I too hope everyone enjoys their day.

• Like 4

I'm meeting up with campervany people at burgh castle for a blast across breydon and a beer or five hoping the coronation will keep the water quiet enough for a proper leg stretch of the engines. 

Not really bothered about the coronation just in it for the bank holiday.... :default_beerchug:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

Will the Pubs in Norfolk be full through the Bank Holiday weekend and around the Broads also?

No idea, but I’m trying to do my part, currently in the Red Lion at Coltishall ! :default_beerchug:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I won't be on the Broads unfortunately but I am spending the day at my parents, it will be on the telly, I want the children to watch it because it being such an Historical event, not sure they agree with me about watching it all day though :default_biggrin: 

A bottle or two of Prosecco will be shared with my mum and having a take away later much to the everyone's delight :facepalm:

Have a great day everyone :default_icon_wave: x

• Like 8

Tony and I will watch it on the t.v. at home. No one does pomp and ceremony like we Brits. And with so much anti establishment being bandied  about these days it will  be great to watch something  that says something good about our great country.  I'm also deliighted we will have "Queen" Camilla. That's only right and proper.

Carole

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

We're  on the A12. Saw some of the build up before we left.

Came back from Beccles yesterday (one day early) to miss the crowds and put the bunting up!  :default_icon_wave:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On the beach this morning for a good walk, full english when I got home, watched the coronation from just before eleven......great pageantry and pomp!

Will be watching the mighty Leeds thrash Manchester City this afternoon, then a bbq in the back garden ...... with family .... and a beer or two.

Almost the perfect coronation day.........only thing missing is the boat on the Broads!

That will be Thursday!

20230506_092251.jpg

• Like 6