Broom And The White Heron

Mouldy

19 hours ago, annv said:

Hi The benefits of GTL diesel are.Eviamently safe, longer shelf life with no degation, 10 years against 1 year for FAME and non Fame, Not likely to be affected by Diesel bug doesn't degrade hoses as does fame, burns cleaner with up to 50% less pollution, no sulfur or metals, and engine can run quieter. The downside is, it costs' more and very slightly less mpg. John

This is nearly exactly what I have learned, I did not know about the slightly lower MPG but I the other good points were that the filters stay cleaner, you don't have to apologise to people when you start your engines and your heaters don't soot up.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, riverman said:

If you take a sharp pencil to the rum and cheese burger price, I can offer a heafty discount on the quayheading. 

I didnt know there was a rum and cheeseburger but it sounds right up my street:default_eusa_dance:

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

I didnt know there was a rum and cheeseburger but it sounds right up my street:default_eusa_dance:

Sounds like you need to do some research on your newly expanded empire, starting with trying everything on the menu :default_winko:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Sounds like you need to do some research on your newly expanded empire, starting with trying everything on the menu :default_winko:

I can assist, you go through the menu and I'll check the bar offerings.... :default_beerchug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 13/08/2024 at 10:29, Bikertov said:

Yeah but Biker Give him at least 10 days to do it. Not just one sitting. :default_blink: :facepalm:

58 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Yeah but Biker Give him at least 10 days to do it. Not just one sitting. :default_blink: :facepalm:

At least Victoria won't have to cook Clive dinner for a while.

Actually - maybe that was her sneaky plan all along, when she said to him "While we are at it, let's pick up the White Heron too, as part of the deal ... :default_biggrin:

• Haha 3

On 13/08/2024 at 10:29, Bikertov said:

If Clive does that it won’t just be his empire that will have expanded, I expect his girth will too.

• Haha 4

Not wishing to cause further thread drift on the sunk cruiser thread, I see from Facebook that you can now book Brooms hire boats direct from their website and there is availability showing through to Christmas and from February in the New Year, at leat on the one boat that I checked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am sure Clive’s got everything in hand I don’t know anything about running successful boatyards and I expect Clive doesn’t know anything about running a garden design /garden Maintenance business so I won’t speculate just wish him and Victoria good luck and I can’t wait to see what developments happen I’m sure they will be for the best for brundall and the southern broads 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Roy said:

I am sure Clive’s got everything in hand I don’t know anything about running successful boatyards and I expect Clive doesn’t know anything about running a garden design /garden Maintenance business so I won’t speculate just wish him and Victoria good luck and I can’t wait to see what developments happen I’m sure they will be for the best for brundall and the southern broads 

Agreed, I am genuinely pleased that Clive has taken over Brooms. The Brooms family and The Richardson family are two of the biggest names in Broads Boating and it feels as though Brooms is now in safe hands. It will be interesting to see what the future holds.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Roy said:

I am sure Clive’s got everything in hand I don’t know anything about running successful boatyards and I expect Clive doesn’t know anything about running a garden design /garden Maintenance business so I won’t speculate 

I'm moored at Cove and who does the menial work of cutting the grass and strimming to keep it nice? The man himself! And the other general maintenance.

However, I will forgive him if he has to employ someone else to do it bearing in mind the increased workload. :default_smiley-char054:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, floydraser said:

I'm moored at Cove and who does the menial work of cutting the grass and strimming to keep it nice? The man himself! And the other general maintenance.

However, I will forgive him if he has to employ someone else to do it bearing in mind the increased workload. :default_smiley-char054:

Brilliant, the boss "getting his hands dirty" quite literally.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Broads01 said:

From an employee perspective, it’s easier to take instructions from a boss who knows what he’s doing and is prepared to get his hands dirty, than from someone in a suit who walks around doing nothing constructive.

My last manager in the logistics industry was a twenty eight year old woman, who didn’t hold an LGV licence, so had never experienced life on the road, didn’t hold a professional CPC, so couldn’t hold the O Licence and surrounded herself with spreadsheets.  Her boss asked me if I would put my name on the O Licence, as I still hold CPC National and International, to take responsibility for the legal compliance of the fleet and drivers and was surprised when I told him that I wouldn’t without a significant increase in my salary.

Dont get me wrong, I would have had no objection to being managed by someone younger of either sex, if they knew what they were talking about and were prepared to listen to issues.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grendel said:

What better way to get an idea of what is going on around the  place,  nobody ever pays attention to the  gardener. 

Lol that’s true Grendel it’s surprising what us gardeners see/ hear ! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, floydraser said:

I showed my son how to use the lawnmower at cove on Wednesday, however I have just unblocked the urinal so if you see me in the pub later then dont shake my hand :default_norty:

• Haha 15

22 hours ago, Davydine said:

Not wishing to cause further thread drift on the sunk cruiser thread, I see from Facebook that you can now book Brooms hire boats direct from their website and there is availability showing through to Christmas and from February in the New Year, at leat on the one boat that I checked.

There shouldn't be and thanks for flagging it, this was all done yesterday in a hurry after Hoseasons told us they would not be taking anymore bookings for us, no warning or willingness to book the remainder of the season on current terms just cast off... 

Luckilly our booking system friends (Holray) and our web guy were not prepared to let his go so pulled out all the stops with Victoria and got it all done in an afternoon, 

unfortunately we couldn't test it properly but ererything seems ok.. 

we have uploaded the tarif figures again so the boats should now be showing correct availability.

Thankyou for letting us know :default_icon_bowdown:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

There shouldn't be and thanks for flagging it, this was all done yesterday in a hurry after Hoseasons told us they would not be taking anymore bookings for us, no warning or willingness to book the remainder of the season on current terms just cast off... 

Luckilly our booking system friends (Holray) and our web guy were not prepared to let his go so pulled out all the stops with Victoria and got it all done in an afternoon, 

unfortunately we couldn't test it properly but ererything seems ok.. 

we have uploaded the tarif figures again so the boats should now be showing correct availability.

Thankyou for letting us know :default_icon_bowdown:

It will be Hoseasons loss, not yours.  All the very best.  Might just book with you next year, who knows, just need to show the wife something she thinks she can get on and off.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

If @C.Ricko happens to look in again, can you confirm whether these are all inclusive prices please, it wasn’t clear without pretending to follow the process through. Also is there any chance you will be giving Blue Light discount? A number of yards are doing this now but at varying percentages. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Back in the day (dinisours were roaming) my first job after school was a yts job, first day the old guy that owned the place said "I got a lovely job young man, sewers blocked and we're gonna sort it" as a mechanic trainee job my heart sank.

I spent most of the morning carrying buckets of water while the big boss man stood in a manhole shoveling sh1t, from that day on there's nothing I wouldn't have done for Bob if he asked, he wouldn't ask if he wasn't prepared to have a go himself.

• Like 8

Just to cross post from the boat sunk thread - it looks like the Brooms website is down. I hope that is very a temporary glitch. I've cross posted as I thought Clive would be more likely to spot it on this thread. Hopefully they are aware and there's frantic activity going on in the background. It can be easy with Hoseasons having pulled the plug at short notice. 

• Like 1

If you hire the White Heron boats which are basically new versions of the Captain, then you get these bikes included. The White Heron also gives you some other extras including parking space right by the boat, and an early takeover of midday ... or at least it did when we hired one this year. Absolutely loved this boat but need to be sure about how it will work in future with the booking no longer being via Hoseasons.

• Like 1