First Stepps

Mouldy

Big day for us today.  We are now the proud owners of an Aquafibre Diamond 35 called Tarr Stepps.  I have absolutely no idea why there are two p’s in Stepps, as the bridge on Exmoor that I assume the boat has been named after, has just one!  To be honest, we were looking for an Alpha 35CC, but decent ones are getting few and far between.  This had just arrived on the market at Horning, so we moved quickly to secure her.

I can’t add any photos, other than the ones copied from the NYA website, primarily as I still can’t upload pictures taken on my phone to the Forum, without first changing their format on our iMac at home, but also because it looks as if a bomb has dropped in the saloon, where we’ve hastily deposited our things from NL.  NYA will be collecting NL on Monday and move her to their moorings in the basin just along Hobrough’s Dyke for preparation to go on the market.

We will be spending tomorrow in the yard, sorting and stowing our things before giving NL a final clean internally.  I will probably be up during the week to start some work to remove some of the dark blue paint covering some cupboard doors.

@Lulu did you win your bet? 😉😂

IMG_2486.jpeg

IMG_2493.jpeg

IMG_2494.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

IMG_2496.jpeg

IMG_2497.jpeg

IMG_2498.jpeg

IMG_2499.jpeg

IMG_2502.jpeg

IMG_2501.jpeg

IMG_2506.jpeg

IMG_2505.jpeg

• Like 23

Excellent choice of boat design, Malcom. I've hired twice and a third one booked for next year. I always think of the Aquafibre 35 as a great hybrid of centre cockpit and forward steer designs as you have the central helm but with horizontal roofs and fixed screens. I see from the database it's ex White Diamond 1 from Sabena Marine but it's been in private hands for a few years since then. The interior looks in good nick. I wish you all the very best with it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Diamond 35 was the other type of boat Katie and I were considering before we purchased Pipedreams , in fact I have been on board Tarr Stepps with her previous custodians when they were moored at Ranworth and commented then how nice she was , plus her engine is under the helm instead of filling the galley cupboards up.

The couple that were for sale when we were looking were not in the best of condition , unlike Tarr Stepps.

Congratulations on your purchase 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Lulu said:

Congratulations to you both! Really lovely boat. 

I lost my bet. I owe Kate 50p 😂

I thought it was the Aquafibre Pearl 38

Good job you didn’t take up my suggestion to make the bet more worthwhile  to a slice of cake from Stokesby! :default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

Enjoy your new boat Malcolm.
I remember hiring a White Diamond (there was no1 and no2 always  liked that name) 94 or 95 Sabina marine Wroxham when they were new out of the box The original upholstery all through was red which looked quite smart.

John 

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for your good wishes.  I’m still in a state of shock, partly because we’ve parted with such a large sum of money, but also out of sheer disbelief that we could ever have aspired to owning something like this.

We’re both looking forward to addressing a few things that we would like to get done and really make her ‘our’ boat.

• Like 6
  • Love 1