Richardsons 45 flybridge

• 5 weeks later...

Looks good and my mouth is dripping out of both sides. As soon as my kid's school sorts out their holidays after the summer 2015 break, I will hope to book it for a week. Dreaming now!!!

Hi All and Clive,

Just got the school calendar last night and the week I wanted was the 25/26 September for a week. Went on the Richo's site to find Commodore and Carousel booked. Will look again for 2016.

PS. Nice to know that bookings are already filling up for you Clive.

if you go at the design speed the wash is low, the noise we get is from the propellers but we have overcome that we think with a bit of blade tweaking..

It is a low wash hull as It is the same as the rest of the family....

Eric, Ring the booking office.. Moon Discovery is the same as Carousel available from Acle...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

The plug will probably be cut up as if and when we build the sedan version a plug will probably be made out of fibreglass for the fwd section and wood joined to the back...

No new designs, just the twin bed up front for the Broadsman/ carousel and Commodore...

Hi Clive,

We`ve recently bought a share in the Lightning Syndicate, and can well see the benefits of the Bridgemaster design, it`s why we bought her.

Have you considered a lowliner version of the flybridge so you can cruise under all (well, most of them anyway) broads bridges?.

the low liners have never been a popular hire boat,  the centre cockpit have always been the best with the single level boats second. the high liners are now gaining popularity as the bridges are getting less easy to pass and Potter basically being ruled out of any holiday plans as it is so unlikely to be passable

Most boats still get under Wroxham so the space which is lost with the low line dual steer is unnecessary  in the era of people wanting loads of space on board. 

• Like 1

the low liners have never been a popular hire boat,  the centre cockpit have always been the best with the single level boats second. the high liners are now gaining popularity as the bridges are getting less easy to pass and Potter basically being ruled out of any holiday plans as it is so unlikely to be passable

I love them, it`s the reason why we bought Lightning.

As for potter Heigham bridge being ruled out?,  two well placed esplosive charges will change all that :naughty: :naughty:

• Like 2

I can understand why low level dual steers have fallen out of fashion somewhat and I'm all too aware that the area above Potter is becoming the holy grail. I still think there's a real place for low level dual steers though. For me, they give most of the advantage of a 'full height' dual steer except for well, the height, i.e. you still get great views from the top and you can still steer outside when it's raining (if you want to which I usually do and so do many crews I see on dual steers in bad weather!). What's great about the low level dual steers though is despite Potter you have a good shout at Wroxham and Beccles bridges, both of which shield some of the most gorgeous river on the Broads. Clive - for a boat style that doesn't let very well you still have a few of them and long may it be so please!