New Year's Eve

Gracie

What are your plans for tonight, we have a couple of friends coming over with their kids, our boys are allowed to stay up until after midnight, they are very excited.

Will be thinking of all the lovely people on here when we toast the New Year in, have a lovely night, stay safe and drink far too much cheers a fried breakfast is the best hangover cure with really runny eggs in my opnion Lol 

Here's hoping it's a healthy and happy new year for everyone, thank you once again Jonzo for a lovely Forum and of course to all the Mods (well some of them anyway, there's a couple of dodgy ones if you ask me and they don't talk proper) :naughty: All your efforts do not go unappreciated

All the very best

Grace :kiss

• Like 9

I will be working tonight and tomorrow night and then straight to the boat at horning for 5 days to celebrate the new year(all be it a little later than most).... going to try my hardest to make a dent in the drinks cabinet.

Happy new year to all forumites,mods and all that work so hard to make this a pleasant place to be part of.

cheers to you all

Greetings from north of the border. May I wish you all a Happy Hogmanay, and best wishes for 2015. As is customary up here, we do not wish you a HNY till after "The Bells" (Big Ben to you lot :naughty: ) As for recovery food in the morning, in time for the Vienna New Years Day concert, is two rolls and square sausage and broon sauce! :naughty: and a mug of Tea. Job done!

To Grace, its no my accent thats iffy its yours, I canny unnerstawn it, its too posh :naughty: To all members enjoy the evening and into 2015. Slange!

xmas6 Iain.                                                                                                                                            

• Like 4

Greetings from Riyadh. We were going to a party at the French Embassy tonight, but due to a berievement in a friend;s family, we are just having a quiet dinner at home with a glass or 2 of my home made wine. I'll be thinking of you all around 9 o'clock here 'cause we're 3 hours in front of you.

As Iain says - there is no HNY until after 12, so have a nice evening. I will say my piece later.

• Like 4

I'm back from the boat.. Sitting right in front of the fire were I will stay.. (I am going on 60 really).. We normally do something for NYE although its not my favourite day of the year for various reasons, also this pesky boat project has put a dampener on life for the last 13 months! but next year we will be spending it afloat in norfolk at least! (The other boat is much warmer than this houseboat even infront of the fire!

But Happy new year to everyone (Happy Hog Iain and fellow northerners) ! Look forward to catching up with more forum members next year!

cheers

• Like 4

To ALL at the NBN from him who is stuck in the Middle East (my choice) and wishes he was in Norfolk.

2014 was a year where my personal finances improved and together with my family, we were able to return to my love of boating on the Broads. When we came back from our first trip on Fair Monarch to Riyadh in April, I was having withdrawal symptoms and I eventually found this Forum. It has kept me sane between trips and I now feel I can at least talk to people who are the same as me and long may it continue. I read, I post, I press the like button and I feel like part of the family.

Anyway, the year is almost over and I would like to quote a verse from the famous Scottish song of Auld Lang Syne.

AND THERE’S A HAND MY TRUSTY FIERE

AND GIE’S A HAND O THINE

WE’LL TAKE A RIGHT GUID WILLE-WAUGHT

FOR AULD LANG SYNE

My personal translation of this verse is:

What has been is gone and let’s shake hands and drink to it.

It’s now 12 o’clock here – so – HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

ALL THE BEST FOR THE COMING YEAR AND MAY YOUR WISHES BE GRANTED.

• Like 5

To everyone have a great evening HNY for 2015 :lineup: .

We are at home having a quite evening, just the three of us + the two cats  :cat:

My Port and Lemon glass is already half full or is it half empty  cheers that is the question  :naughty:

Good buy 2014 and Hello Hello to 2015  :party1: .

Regards 

Marina     :Stinky  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

• Like 4

Tae Eric, ma fellow Scot, a very Happy and Guid New Year matey, may you have a wonderful year with your family and your trips back hame to Scotland and of course the Norfolk Broads.

I aint supposed tae hae a bit swallie Eric, but am having a wee Bucks Fizz tae bring in your 2015.  cheersbar

Then let us pray that come it may, 
(As come it will for a' that,) 
That Sense and Worth, o'er a' the earth, 
Shall bear the gree, an' a' that. 
For a' that, an' a' that, 
It's coming yet for a' that, 
That Man to Man, the world o'er, 
Shall brothers be for a' that.

xmas6 Iain.

• Like 5