Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

On 20 August 2016 at 2:16 PM, riyadhcrew said:

That equates to an average speed of 6.96 mph. (47 divided by 6.75) That is very good going in anybody's book. Well done Griff and BA.

Having said that, the speed limit on the Ant is 4 mph, normally a 2 hour journey from Stalham. That puts the average speed up quite a bit for the remainder.

It commenced heavy rain last night at 2100. Up at 0600 and it is still persisting it down. This is awkward as I intend to sail at around 0730 but the dressing lines are still up a (along with the led string) so they are of course v. wet so can't really stow em inboard 

well I never did, whilst typing this post it has just stopped :D

To improve matters MrsG is vertical, kettle on, bacon rolls on the way too I hope

Oh 'bother' spoke too soon, rain back on. :norty:

Griff

• Like 3

Met BH at Reedham, spent 4 x hrs in the ship inn as the Nelson is NOT open. Then Loddon for overnight, dinner in t white horse. Sailed this morning against tide for Acle bridge inn.

2000rpm is normally 7mph but today 6mph.

1245 - Not quite at the yacht station as only 6ft2" under bridges and getting less by the minute so we are on the lay-by pontoon 100yds downriver of Breydon lifting bridge. We will wait for tide to turn and give us 6ft4" minimum. Sun is blazing, bonded locker is open. Perfect and today is my B'day too!

Griff

image.jpeg

• Like 4