Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

36 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

That’s Purdeys loan draft to Broadland Grebe completed now back onboard ‘B.A’ and so am I as of 1830. Heating on, scran on. Suffolk tiling job completed, visited a NBN member in Norwich to collect two rare enamel boat yard badges. Shower, tv and relax

In t morning an estimate to carry out for tiling a boats galley bulkheads, then at last we sail

Finally 

Griff

Bet Purdy has been well spoilt. 🐕

• Haha 1

And mum’s corner since her death in the autumn and me putting done flowers in the water there with a glorious sunset to accompany them downstream. So you’ll have to share it Griff. (But it’s always Griff’s corner in my write-ups)😊

Last time I passed it, someone had been strimming the bank so plenty of room for us all!!

• Like 2

Up with no alarm at 0700.  Walk Purdey dog.

Couldn’t be bothered with a FCE so just bacon, egg n toast. 

Weird - tv pixelating with booster on or off, disconnected coax and perfect reception :default_blink:

I’ll be underway by 0830. It’s a grey morning, mild with not a breath of wind

Griff

• Like 1

On 10/02/2023 at 19:37, FlyingFortress said:

Bet Purdy has been well spoilt. 🐕

She certainly was spoilt and seemed to enjoy herself on our old wooden tub, not to mention the odd bit of Lancashire cheese. We also enjoyed the experience of having her onboard. With around 30 miles of dog walks over the days she was onboard a certain vicar found it difficult to get get up to tend her flock this morning. However, I was the one who did the 06.30 walks and it was freezing. Downside being is that I am receiving strong hints that a dog is now an essential requirement of the boat and the vicarage. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Crewed up this morning at 0530 just me n Purdey dog. Which was no mean feat considering I got out of bed yesterday morning at 0730 in Lanzarote. Got home at 0200 this morning

Sailed at 0630 bound for Horning to meet up with a mate and his family on two hire craft to celebrate his 63rd birthday. This event should have been his 60th in 2020 but covid and other issues delayed it somewhat. No MrsG with me due to work commitments. 

This mate is Dolly or Dave, an original owner of ‘B.A’  until Robin took over his share

Due home Monday evening 

Cracking morning to be afloat and underway, aren’t they all?

Griff

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Broads01 said:

So you didn't let the trivial matter of a completely missed night's sleep get in the way of your visit, like it!

I think us wooden boat owners get used to sleepless nights :default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

think us wooden boat owners get used to sleepless nights :default_biggrin:

Afraid to say it’s not restricted to woodie owners. I worry (always at night when the worries all seem to get exaggerated) more about mine than I did about the kids. 
But, like the kids, we wouldn’t be without them.