ZimbiIV

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

From me too! 

Easter eggs in the shops yet?

Oh I do hope so....

1 hour ago, BroadScot said:

Yes JM! In the local Spar Grocers:naughty:

cheersIain

Spar Grocers? Isn't a Spar something those Saily types use? I do hope I am not about to find out that spars are made chocolate and nobody has told me. I could get to really love the rag and stick brigade in the new year if its true you know :shocked

My very best wishes to you all for the new year. Only another hour or so and I can turn my NBN calendar round and day dream away with the superb piccys.

Have a happy 2016, see you on the river!

• Like 4

Last year I spent my holidays visiting my mother who lives overseas and can't fly anymore - so naturally the broads and all its glory have has to take a back seat - as a result I don't post much these days .....but I do pop in every now and then for a read and would like to wish a very Happy New year to All 

All the best Finny 

• Like 3

Woke up about 7.30 ish with a bit of a thick skull, urghh. Right, lovely warmth in the sky from the rising sun, no wind and a crispness from what is quite rare nowadays, a frost. Dragged on some cloths, lurched down the garden to the waterside. Sat a while watching some blackbirds making friends whilst I pondered on just how wonderful life can be, and how unfair too. No sign of floods here so why Yorkshire and not us? As perfect a morning as I could ask for so my thoughts must be with our friends up North, the ones bailing out their homes, may 2016 bring an end to their watery problems. And so to those living their chosen lives aboard a boat, I know that I am incredibly lucky to live where I do, secure with no threats, so my best wishes go out to those good folk who simply ask to be left alone, with somewhere to call home. May 2016 be their year.

• Like 14

I was about to wish everyone a Happy New Year but after reading Peter's post came to the conclusion I couldn't really add to that so will shut up.  Liz

ps Happy New Year everyone, where ever you are and lets hope that those that need a little extra cheer at this moment get their wish sometime in 2016

• Like 5

Beautifully said, JM, my thoughts also go out to the poor people affected by the floods, that's one appeal I would gladly give to

Hope you all had a good night and a very Happy New Years Day, Finny, please post more, I miss your wonderful sense of humour, here's to you Eric cheers Stay safe, ever thought of writing a book of Poetry, on reading again, perhaps not :naughty: Seriously, excellent :clap

Grace

p.s Happy Easter :naughty:

• Like 4

17 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

From me too! 

Easter eggs in the shops yet?

Well we still have Valentines first lol, Red roses and Hearts lol...

My first sign of the Boating Season is when " Broadcaster" is published by the Broads Authority on line.

So a Happy New Year to one and all, and a Happy Start to the boating season to all those who own, rent or Hire out boats of all sorts, and riverside properties, and to those that use the river for other activities, like fishing etc. Also to the companies like Pubs and Shops and other providers that provide excellent services. Long may they prosper. 

A special thank you and a Happy New Year, to all the land owners that rent out or lease their land to the Broads Authority to provide excellent mooring facilities. 

What you get out, is proportional to what you put in. 

• Like 2