Where to leave waste on The Broads?

Boaters

19 hours ago, Hylander said:

What I had meant to add to my previous post is.     Here you are expected to rinse out all tins etc and clean items before they go in the refuse.    With water at a premium on board a boat, do they honestly think we are going to rinse out tins before binning them.   Dream on.

Water is certainly not a premium on any boat I've seen on the Broads. The bloody things float on it and in 99% of cases, sink water ends up in the river anyway, so rince things in the river if necessary. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Boatingman said:

From EDP it appears waste facilities are avaliable at

Irstead

Neatishead

Hove ton

Also I think Loddon

Is it a good idea one of you cleaver IT people can make a list

Ray

It has I think been mentioned, and ONCE we know, I am sure our Admin will put a link for info available. Won't you Alan ...Alan ???

cheersIain.

6 minutes ago, Boatingman said:

Loddon comes under South Norfolk DC

there where bins in the summer but a few weeks as Howard said no sign

Ray

From my days starting at Astons,  I have a feeling they are not there till the start of the season.

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Earlier in this thread I mentioned the BA meeting minutes from 10 December 2015 for the Navigation Committee, a review and list of waste facilities is there. I am sorry but I have not been able to copy them, if someone is able to help out I think they may be useful for this topic.

As I dont wish to quote what Freedom boating has said can you ignore it please.  I just cannot seem to get rid of it.

I am wondering if Norfolk Nog and myself have the same lists.   Mine came from the BA today.  They are subject to change.

boatyard waste and recycling 26 sep 2014.xls

Appendix 1 waste provision map (1).pdf

Hi Monica

I just lifted the one I posted direct from the BA website here

http://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/broads-authority/committees/navigation-committee

so quite likely yours will be more up to date. 

I had that problem with the quote thingy and it drove me mad! There is a way to get rid of it, but sorry I can't remember :dunce:

Alan did tell me at the time, he might be along to help. 

Referencing Monicas link to the BA navigations review of waste facilities and (6) its conclusion .

"... Given the lack of complaints received and any budgetary provision being made, it is proposed that the  position regarding waste facilities  continue to be closely monitored over the next year. This will enable officers is to see whether any further       issues arise and that further consideration be given to a project in future for  a more comprehensive waste facility provision in future years should the need be determined and budget available. members views are sought on this approach"

So the cynic in me would suggest  that they can cover themselves by stating that as yet there is no problem due to an apparent  lack of complaints ??   Should there however  be so in future then they may consider a project to look at it and if something  needs  to be done,  then it will be subject to  any budget being  available.

Not quite  using the line of  stating that its not their legal responsibility, rather  more a case of  there is not really a  problem here as we see it  but we may well  look at it again  should we be  find ourselves in a position  where  the metaphorical "long grass" has been mowed.   

Norfolk Nog - that was the link, thank you. As that was from the BA's December meeting, it surely must be the most up to date one? From the other links, we know that the Thurne Dyke and Potter bins have gone so maybe the first link is rather historical. If Bramerton is reinstated, that has to be good news.

The hint is there, if the BA don't get any complaints there is no problem. Well, there is and it will get worse so let's tell them.

• Like 5