Best View

troutman62

What's your best scenic view on the Broads ?

For me its a summer sunrise moored at Ranworth Staithe. (If you can get moored !).

Standing outside the boat looking over a misty, still and quiet Malthouse Broad with the missus and a steaming cup of hot coffee.Nobody about, all the boats lined up and silent,  dripping with dew, curtains drawn.:love

Paradise or what !! wish I was there now but Septembers hols will come soon enough.

• Like 8

I agree Troutman and have a 4am sunrise shot of White Moth and another Broads Cruiser (not sure which) at anchor in the early morning mist. It has pride of place on the dining room wall. I took it after glancing out of Rondonay which we kept at Ranworth.

• Like 2

Mud weighted on Barton Broad, sitting outside, glass of something nice at sunset, the mist, the sound of the geese, the splash of the fish jumping, same place at sunrise, steaming mug of coffee, absolutely magical, the ghost of Nelson could appear at any moment and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest lol

Grace

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

Now a private cruiser with navigation lights on would not be right in a fabulous picture like this is! The saily has it by a long bowsprit.

cheersIain

This was back in 2009.  We had moored our sailboat at the staithe, and walked down to the little promontory overlooking the mere with a bottle of wine to watch the sunset.  As we sat, this little Wayfarer dinghy came sailing across, and rather than moor at the staithe he nudged into the reeds to the left of us. The guy onboard came ashore with his washbag and towel, intending to go down to the NT showers to freshen up and he stopped for a mardle.  He told us he was 75 (I think - can't quite remember - but certainly around that mark) and that every August for many years past he came to the Broads, launched his dinghy, and spent the whole month sailing around and camping on board.  I often wonder if he's still around - I've not seen him since.

• Like 5

Thank you Troutman for starting this wonderful topic, it's lovely to read of other peoples favourite places on the Broads. I think both the Boats in the pictures look stunning but there is something special about a sailie gently gliding along and the sound of the sails softly blowing in the breeze, stunning

Another favourite mooring of mine is a wild one on the Ant, standing on deck at sunrise, you feel like there's not another human being for miles, that for me is the true beauty of the Broads, sort of out in the wilds and at one with nature, I am not knocking anyone's choice of holiday but who wants a beach when you can sit on a Boat looking at scenes like the ones pictured above. My Aunt (the one that hates boats) would totally disagree with me but then she is a bit bonkers (I mean, who in their right mind hates boats :rolleyes:)

Grace

• Like 3

18 hours ago, deebee29 said:

The view when you look out of the boat after the first night of your holiday and thinking "YES I'M BACK " and anticipating what the week might have in store.

and I'll get that view on Sunday morning :party1:

Now that sums it up !!!!!:bow

• Like 4

On 22/04/2016 at 5:36 PM, Gracie said:

Mud weighted on Barton Broad, sitting outside, glass of something nice at sunset, the mist, the sound of the geese, the splash of the fish jumping, same place at sunrise, steaming mug of coffee, absolutely magical, the ghost of Nelson could appear at any moment and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest lol

Grace

Now that mug of coffee sure has shattered my illusions of you Darlin and the glass of something in hand...................any time is wine oclock isnt it on the broadss Darlin ........................................should i go back into :hiding: Darlin xx xx

• Like 1

Love the Horsey Mere view... Definitely a favourite of ours, sunset or dawn, both beautiful.  On one visit, the dogs had me up and about very early and we stood at the top of the Mere enjoying a beautiful sunrise and the sound of the dawn chorus - fantastic!

Mine can change as so many to chose from. But My latest one  is sat in front of how hill  house , with kids playing , a bottle of beer in one  hand. looking across the green field onto the river with the boats moored up and then on to the windmill :bow Peace , especially as the light is going.

• Like 1