My Day

LizG

Don't know if this helps?

"Claims on social media saying six dogs had died from poisoning at a popular walking spot have been dismissed as "nonsense" by a town council. Facebook posts have alleged that six dogs had died after being walked by their owners on Beccles Common"

https://www.edp24.co.uk › news

Council says dogs not dying from poisoning at Beccles Common | Eastern Daily Press - EDP

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Don't know if this helps?

"Claims on social media saying six dogs had died from poisoning at a popular walking spot have been dismissed as "nonsense" by a town council. Facebook posts have alleged that six dogs had died after being walked by their owners on Beccles Common"

https://www.edp24.co.uk › news

Council says dogs not dying from poisoning at Beccles Common | Eastern Daily Press - EDP

It does indeed help, thank you. I'm generally sceptical but not enough this time! Posted in good faith though.

• Like 1

Just now, Ray said:

It does indeed help, thank you. I'm generally sceptical but not enough this time! Posted in good faith though.

Absolutely. I would sooner 10 false alarms than miss the true one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

well there i was out for a bike ride, suddenly I spotted a sign that said wye, now i know that means i am just a hop and a skip away from ashford, so i checked my mileage, already over 11 miles, further than I planned today, so I turned around and headed home- 22.9 miles total

DSCF0156.JPG

• Like 6

after a few days of rain so no biking i took the opportunity this morning to head out at 9.30am, up through the university along the crab and winkle way to clowes woods, a quick circuit of the main paths in the woods and home again 12.4 miles, just under 2 hours, lots of other cyclists out, and walkers, and dog walkers, suns out now and its turning into a nice day.

• Like 3

Having had £4500 of repairs to the Shetland outboards lower leg last year, funded by an insurance claim and lost 7 months use,

On my last visit the outboard sounded noisy. The yard have looked at it and say the bearings are shot and it needs a full strip down and rebuild. The quote is £4700. :default_shocked1animated:

The engine is a 60hp, far too big for the Broads. The cost of a new 20hp Suzuki is the same price as the repair.

Guess what,  The new 20hp is being fitted next week.

I officially hate outboard motors.

My next boat will have a diesel engine.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Wow, that’s unlucky, and expensive!

I now feel very lucky, mines 52 years old this year and still going strong. Its only drawback is being a six cylinder 2 stroke it has a major drinking problem!

outboards can be useful and fun.

• Like 2

Marina wanted to get petrol  for the car this evening. So she said do you want to go out somewhere. We went to Brundall. Not been there since we moved to Martham. We called into the White Heron. They've  done a good job on the pub.We just had a drink as we had eaten  earlier. Will have lunch or dinner next time.Just think it could  have a little  more character .I see the kìngs Head at Acle is reopening next mouth,as a steak restaurant. 

• Like 5

First day sailing since 9th April , when the gooseneck got broken, ordered then it was supposed to be in-stock it then didn't turn up till a couple of weeks ago. Then, last week I half fell in and dropped the tool kit in the river.

It took a couple of hours of fishing with magnet, net and dydle to retrieve everything. All except the drill battery, survived OK.

So today fitted the gooseneck which took some persuasion. But I got there in the end. Missed the first race, and although we went out in the second the boat really wasn't prepared. It wasn't until the 4th race that the boat was going well.

Next Sunday, no sailing for me as it's Broadland Model Railway Clubs show at Hoveton village hall, 10am to 3pm. Then the following weekend is The 3 Rivers Race..

Last night of a few days out, moored at Hardly Cross.

The Merlin (bird call) App just identified the call of a Commin Crane, is that possible or has it misidentified? I know nothing about birds, hence the App.

PXL_20230524_202809005~2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Last night of a few days out, moored at Hardly Cross.

The Merlin (bird call) App just identified the call of a Commin Crane, is that possible or has it misidentified? I know nothing about birds, hence the App.

PXL_20230524_202809005~2.jpg

Beautiful picture x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Daughter 3 has a 3 year work visa and leaves for New Zealand Monday week. Today was the last chance 4 of 5 of us could meet! I don't normally do selfies so despite this being my phone I didn't take it! Next Monday is going to be seriously hard!

IMG_20230528_162553_842.jpg

• Like 2