My Day

LizG

27 minutes ago, Gracie said:

the trouble is half the house won't get done or I'll forget which rooms I've don

That's easy, the rooms with a full glass are not done, the rooms with an empty glass, there's a slim chance they might be done. Any rooms with a broken glass, you should give up and go to bed and sleep it off. :default_rofl:

29 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I haven't even started yet. Housework,

It's halfway through the day now, you might as well leave it for today and do it tomorrow. The housework, not the wine that is. :409_wine_glass::default_drinks:

Now you may notice that the Politician in me has evaded to answer one of your questions. :default_hiding:

• Haha 1

Lived very close to me, would often see him and his partner shopping in the town. If you said hi he would always respond with a cheery voice and sometimes stop for a quick chat. Truly a man of the people and will be sadly missed locally.

Quick Paul O Grady anecdote

I took a semi-temporary stewardship of a golf club locally when I came out of Pubs. Ladies division sprang a surprise party on me and wanted Pink Champagne which the suppliers couldn't supply

Down to the local Waitrose and purchase 5x 6 packs and headed to checkout POG was in front of me in the queue with a trolley with quite a few bottles of booze in it "Having a party" he said. I quickly riposted with "Yes but you're not invited we need enough to go around". At which point he came and shook my hand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

At last we have had a great day out on the water with the wind dropped from the last few weeks and the sun out all day ( apart from very misty early morning which disappeared very quickly). Boat cleaned inside and out and a well deserved Sunday lunch at the Waters edge  Bramerton which was up to the usual good standard.

John 

542124BA-4B47-432E-B41A-E1F0F8B08C44.jpeg

F9D97506-2AED-46B7-B76A-EB644314C071.jpeg

C79528F0-2C1A-41E0-B49C-ECC2779CA6B9.jpeg

27D271BB-6100-4E6C-80DB-ABF852600930.jpeg

• Like 8

Some excellent big game / Sport fishing off Lanzarote. Hope you like Tuna! 

Really?

At sea for about six hours, eight rods trawling for about two hours - Nowt

Four hours rod fishing, two small fish, one of which I caught and that was it.

Considered a blank, but still a nice day out at sea.

Next time then

Griff

• Like 1

Seeing as I’m here all week I thought I’d try Richo’s cafe for breakfast this morning. Chuffin Eck, £9:30 for a sausage muffin and a coffee  (Microwave) - Wow. Declined a receipt in case that cost another quid. Stalham high Street tomorrow 

On the upside the decor is pleasant  it’s card only, no cash payments 

Griff

image.jpg

0F1BAFCB-6FB9-4D85-B75E-1F27E9F8502B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Seeing as I’m here all week I thought I’d try Richo’s cafe for breakfast this morning. Chuffin Eck, £9:30 for a sausage muffin and a coffee  (Microwave) - Wow. Declined a receipt in case that cost another quid. Stalham high Street tomorrow 

Griff

image.jpg

0F1BAFCB-6FB9-4D85-B75E-1F27E9F8502B.jpeg

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Chuffin Eck, £9:30 for a sausage muffin and a coffee  (Microwave) - Wow.

Does not look very appetising either. Will give it a miss.

• Like 4

The coffee price at £2.80 seems reasonable but £6.50 for the sausage muffin seems vastly over the top .

A milkshake at £4.50 will be a huge cash cow whilst all those families are waiting for their boats to be ready upon their arrival after a long drive to Stalham , very clever move for the business .

Maybe not such a clever move unless the food items meet expectations. That sausage muffin that Griff had looked awful. I wouldn’t pay any money for that. If Richardson’s business is based around a lot of returning customers I can’t see that the cafe will last long.

On 16/04/2023 at 20:24, BroadAmbition said:

Some excellent big game / Sport fishing off Lanzarote. Hope you like Tuna! 

Really?

At sea for about six hours, eight rods trawling for about two hours - Nowt

Four hours rod fishing, two small fish, one of which I caught and that was it.

Considered a blank, but still a nice day out at sea.

Next time then

Griff

Like rough shooting and wildfowling, so with deep sea fishing. " It is the unpredictability of the sport that makes it so addictive and exciting"

On 17/04/2023 at 09:12, BroadAmbition said:

Griff

image.jpg

That looks positively unappetising and a double sausage and egg McMuffin at the Golden Arches, complete with a coffee and hash brown, look like an absolute bargain.

On 15/04/2023 at 12:29, Chelsea14Ian said:

We had a nice morning  in Hemsby. Had a coffee in the Lacon Arms.Very nice pub close  to the Lifeboat  station. Booked Sunday lunch next week.Walked on the beach. 

A few photos. 

20230415_105408.jpg

20230415_105413.jpg

20230415_105417.jpg

As of last night,wind and high tide have move some of the defences.More work needs to be done by Government .Otherwise more will be lost 

On 23/03/2023 at 17:08, ExSurveyor said:

Todays problem was I have too many desks in the old study and I am moving it to another room.

This is part of a resuffle of rooms and redecoration. We now have a 3 room newly decorated annexe that isn't needed after MiL passed away and a playroom full of toys that are mostly too young for the growing grandchildren.

Any way, I don't need five desks anymore, one has gone to youngest son. What I needed was 3 desks and a printer stand / bookcase.

I fired up the saw bench and reduced a desk to a printer stand / bookcase.

I have nearly finished decorating the new study ready to move everything down to it.

One completed, made to measure unit.

IMG_20230323_164940.jpg

The project escalated,

20 years of telephone systems, internet connections, multiple printers, all originally hard wired, then wireless, phone and internet extenders. That took some untangling.

Then going through dozens of box files for previous businessess and properties followed by checking all the current files. I managed to burn out the heavy duty shredder.

I have finally finished the new study and updated all the tech connections.

In between I decided I needed a new office chair to match the new look.

Ebay produced a ratty and battered antique chesterfield chair I liked in Hertfordshire for £50. It was very cracked and scratched. It has taken some effort to refurbish it and bring it back to life. I have never tried leather restoration before, it is a very forgiving material. I did hesitate before getting the sandpaper out but it works really well. Filled, stained and polished then the wood refinished.

I quite enjoyed doing the chair.

IMG_20230422_144304_edit_686908430775913.jpg

IMG_20230422_144924.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 3