Stupidity On Boats

Bob48

On
On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:35 AM, Londonlad1985 said:

This bloke is daft! He didn't bring any beer out?! :naughty:

I suspect the entire stash of beer had already been consumed.  I wonder how some of these folk would survive if they didn't have 'breathe in' and 'breathe out' tattooed in the inside of their eyelids.......;)

• Like 3

Am I one of very few people who detests barbecued food? In fact I immensely dislike alfresco eating at all. If the food starts out hot it's co!d long before you get half way through it.It usually consists of indigestible junk smothered in some unmentionably disgusting  sauce! And this is done in the cause of having fun??!

Carole

• Like 6

I so agree with you CarolE, we do have BBQ's but I tend to stick to the salad, I cannot for the life of me stand bbq sauce, it makes me wretch at the thought of it

The fun side of such an event is the chatting and the wine, the dancing on tables after too much wine is maybe not so much fun for the people watching lol :wasted:

Grace

• Like 6

One of the tastiest and most succulent legs of lamb I cooked on a bbq a couple of years back. My cooker was playing up so it was my only option. It was absolutely divine, trouble is I have not been able to replicate it since! I do like a good bbq but burgers have to be homemade and chicken marinaded so it doesn't dry out. Some veggies are good on the barbie too. But most important of all is that glass of red (or white if you prefer) as no cook should ever be seen standing over a hot stove of any kind without such an accompaniment. cheers

• Like 2

I know why women don't like barbecues - it's the rules they can't stand :naughty:

BBQ RULES ~ Standard Operating Procedures

(1) The woman buys the food.

(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert

(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill – beer in hand.

(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three-meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:

(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine…

(6) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.

(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat.

Important again:

(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine…

(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:

(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ‘her night off ‘, and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there’s just no pleasing some women.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Poppy said:

I know why women don't like barbecues - it's the rules they can't stand :naughty:

(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill – beer in hand.

(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three-meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

More routine…

(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat.

Important again:

More routine…

(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ‘her night off ‘, and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there’s just no pleasing some women.

No wonder I can't stand barbecues. In South Africa they're obligatory and called Brais Some houses even have one built in one corner of their Lounge! Our friends there even used to cook their Christmas turkey in one. Practically every street corner on the Cape boasts someone selling Brai fuel.After lengthy stay there I came home still disliking them.

Carole

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poppy said:

More routine…

Important again:

More routine…

How blooming true.  Plus I usually have to rescue the meat from being cremated.

• Like 2

I'm not a big fan of bbq's, why have a perfectly good kitchen only to go out in the garden to encase raw meat in charred skin.

Many years ago a couple of kiwi mates were cooking on a bbq and put some foil over one corner so they could cut the middle out of sliced bread and crack an egg into it, was very good till another friend tried it and couldn't do it, a dozen eggs later and a lot of burnt egg stench she realised the foil had been removed.....Bue didn't laugh as that would be cruel (lie!) :naughty:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Hylander said:

How blooming true.  Plus I usually have to rescue the meat from being cremated.

Well, if you kept him supplied with beer he wouldn't have to go off looking for it himself :naughty: