Star Seen In Horning

Poppy

I spent all week with them I was on the camera support boat, a rather unmanageable 38' boat

with two 6 cylinder Perkins Sabres pushing her along. We picked her up up at 3 pm  on Tues

having never driven a twin screw before I had a rather steep learning curve. I didn't hit anything

all week and to confound all you nay sayers neither  did Timothy, in fact he is a better helm than 

many private helms I have seen on the Broads ( myself included ).

Just to prove it were me here I is in all my glory. Adam and Katie with Tim and Pru, Winsome our 

camera hack  Lady Christina under way and Dave one of the camera men.

All in al a memorable experience. 

DSCN7350 (1).JPG

DSCN7357.JPG

DSCN7384 (1).JPG

DSCN7401 (1).JPG

DSCN7424 (1).JPG

• Like 21

Actually I am rather envious! It is so typical that the wedding do clashed with the filming. There are 52 weeks in a year and it had to be the same. 

PS I did see you waving at St Benet's on Saturday. No doubt you heard us!!!! We got louder....

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, w-album said:

Actually I am rather envious! It is so typical that the wedding do clashed with the filming. There are 52 weeks in a year and it had to be the same. 

PS I did see you waving at St Benet's on Saturday. No doubt you heard us!!!! We got louder....

I did hear that a couple of stag & hen parties complained about the noise

:default_hiding:

Glad you all had a great time :default_beerchug:

• Like 6

I saw Winsome outside Pedros at Acle and thought it might be something to do with the filming.  I was far too British to come closer and star spot.  :default_biggrin:

I think you must have been  unloading crew.  My eyesight wasn't good enough to work 0ut if Tim and Pru were disembarked.

Beautiful boat.

We had a pump out and water fill both going and coming. 

Winsome is a very interesting boat she was built in 1927 by Dickies of Bangor for a member of the Duers family of jam fame. They have a house on Anglesey which they still own. The boat lived there somewhere I am not quite sure of the location of the house. During the war she was requisitioned and was a fast patrol boat around the Menai Straights area. She was much prettier in those days with twin masts and a much lower cockpit with a small windscreen with a canvas cover . I will try and find a photo. She is double planked Teak and teak built throughout. She used to have two V8 petrol engines but now has these two 6 cylinder Perkins Sabre diesels. The owner has a huge file with her complete history which I am hoping in the future to have a browse.

• Like 6

Not with me at the helm she wont, rear view for me is pretty well non existent. A fixed helm seat and a small rear window on the centre line I need two crew on deck especially going backwards, and one stood by an open door

because believe  me working on to of those perkies is very discombobulating.

30 minutes ago, springsong said:

Not with me at the helm she wont, rear view for me is pretty well non existent. A fixed helm seat and a small rear window on the centre line I need two crew on deck especially going backwards, and one stood by an open door

because believe  me working on to of those perkies is very discombobulating.

discombobulating? I believe you can get ointment for that can't you?

Carole

• Like 2

Didn't winsome sink a few yrs back at brundall gardens if my memory servers me correctly , if its the same boat its a very big well done to its owners they have restored her beautifully . 

Rick I think you are nearly right. You have just jogged the old grey cells. I am fairly sure Winsome was moored in front of me at BGM 5 years ago.  It didn't sink but the old chap struggled to maintain it.  I think Jon at Wayford collected it and towed it away.  Didn't look anything like it does now.

31 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Rick I think you are nearly right. You have just jogged the old grey cells. I am fairly sure Winsome was moored in front of me at BGM 5 years ago.  It didn't sink but the old chap struggled to maintain it.  I think Jon at Wayford collected it and towed it away.  Didn't look anything like it does now.

Yep that's exactly where I ment n yea your boat was there then , it didn't sink completely but it was low enough to have me ring BA to contact the owner as I wasn't sure if he was aware of the situation , its just the name rang a bell as it were then seeing the pics semi convinced me , she sure is looking a 100% better than then and as much as I love wooden boats being a carpenter and boat builder I would , but I'm fully aware of the costs involved in ownership n hence I leave ownership to those with deep pockets :default_beerchug: 

2 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Hi Mark, 

Jon did indeed take the boat away, I always liked the curved stern of the boat, it had plenty of potential, I think he picked it up about three years ago, I am sure he posted some pictures of it earlier this year.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...