Star Seen In Horning

Poppy

7 minutes ago, brandenjg said:

I can picture pru saying "oh the Broads is a national park" and Tim correcting her saying "well no it actually isn't but the country folk like to say it is"

Tim correcting her saying "well no it actually isn't but a delusional CEO likes to say that it is"!

• Like 3

"Now now Pru, you mustn't call it a national park, because half a dozen people with too much time on their hands will start writing letters to Channel 4."  "As many as that Tim? Oh dear.  I do think it's a really beautiful national park though, don't you agree?" "Yes Pru, in fact I think it's the jewel in the crown of national parks, truly delightful ... apart from those irritating half dozen that is."

• Like 6

They have just gone through Horning - I believe Ludham Bridge is there destination today before the 2 rain drops arrive at 2pm.  WR has a film crew onboard today as she did yesterday.  Timothy West certainly looks like he knows what he is doing.  They spent the night (or the boat did) at Horning and had supper at the White Horse (so i was told).  Apprently the schedule keeps changing.  I just happened to be  in Horning yesterday and today.  It wasn't planned to occur  at the same time as filming. Liz

• Like 1

A lot of people criticise Tim for his antics, but to be fair, I will be first in the queue to watch it.

I really enjoy the programs, especially those waterways that I can access.

I guess he won't be going to Potter Heigham.

Good luck to the film crew, I would love to know how many people are out of camera shot on these boats lol..

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Poppy said:

We spotted Timoth West in Horning this morning, complete with a film crew.

I wonder what that was about ?

I really don't care, my boat will be safe on the Gt Ouse for a couple of weeks. Heaven help you all. Do the insurance companies know?

• Like 1

Just now, Polly said:

Not a rag n stick though so any zig zagging is definitely unnecessary.

Does it have a bow thruster? You need one of those to get round the bends on Broadland rivers - apparently :default_norty::default_norty:

In the early series, Pru was physically active on the narrow boats, taking ropes, pushing lock gates and taking the helm. Sadly in recent programmes there's been nothing of that so I can only assume she's no longer able. This time I hope they find some boating stuff to do apart from supping wine once they've stopped for the night. 

• Like 1

Just now, Broads01 said:

In the early series, Pru was physically active on the narrow boats, taking ropes, pushing lock gates and taking the helm. Sadly in recent programmes there's been nothing of that so I can only assume she's no longer able. This time I hope they find some boating stuff to do apart from supping wine once they've stopped for the night. 

Hi Simon,

Are you trying to get on the wrong side of Grace, no supping wine indeed:default_norty:

To be honest I quite like their programes.

Regards

Alan

• Like 3

Just now, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Simon,

Are you trying to get on the wrong side of Grace, no supping wine indeed:default_norty:

To be honest I quite like their programes.

Regards

Alan

Have no fear Darlin we still have wine aboard with yer name on it

Charlie xx xx :default_kiss:   :default_arms:

• Like 2

For those of you who are genuinely interested in the long term well being Broads and their rights to navigate as generations have done before them I enclose a reply from Channel 4:

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding GREAT CANAL JOURNEYS.

We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to contact us regarding this matter.

Channel 4 commissions or buys programmes but doesn't produce any in-house, so we don't have any access or contact with the production company that is responsible for this programme. May we suggest that you contact them directly concerning this matter instead? Their contact details are as follows:

Spun Gold TV
2nd Floor, Tabernacle Court
16-28 Tabernacle Street
London
EC2A 4DD

info@spungoldtv.com

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

For those of you who are genuinely interested in the long term well being Broads and their rights to navigate as generations have done before them ...

To imply that those of us who do not share your obsession with the issue of the use of the term Broads National Park are in any way less interested with the long term well being etc of the Broads is disengenuous at best, if not offensive.  You have a strongly held opinion.  I respect your right to hold it, even though I profoundly disagree with it.  I do not question your commitment to the Broads, do not insult me by questioning mine.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Bobdog said:

To imply that those of us who do not share your obsession with the issue of the use of the term Broads National Park are in any way less interested with the long term well being etc of the Broads is disengenuous at best, if not offensive.  You have a strongly held opinion.  I respect your right to hold it, even though I profoundly disagree with it.  I do not question your commitment to the Broads, do not insult me by questioning mine.

Didnt read that way to me.

unnecessary comment IMHO

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

For those of you who are genuinely interested in the long term well being Broads and their rights to navigate as generations have done before them I enclose a reply from Channel 4:

Did that introductory comment exclude you? I don't read it that way. You accuse Jenny Morgan and an "irritating half dozen" - which therefore must include me - of an obsession with the best future for the Broads.

41 minutes ago, dnks34 said:

I do not question your commitment to the Broads, do not insult me by questioning mine.

So what is yours? How do you see the future, the way things are going?

• Like 1

No, you distort my words by use of selective quotation followed by an assertion/inference that was not part of what I said.  But enough, I refuse to be drawn into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent, nor to engage in dragging this conversation even further from where it originated.  I shall not comment further whatever the provocation.