Halloween

Gracie

Happy Halloween everyone, all a load of gobbledegook I know but the kids love it so we're having a little Halloween get together for the boys and some little friends this evening

It's kind of hit a bit of a nerve as our Lovely friend and pesky Mod Iain would have been on here making jokes about us ladies of the forum dusting off our broomsticks or some such :facepalm:Where ever you are my lovely, this witch's broomstick will be out tonight, although according to im indoors it's out most nights :default_norty:

Any comments from Victor Mildrew types (joking) please remember it's just a bit of fun, most responsible parents won't send kids out alone or bother anyone who may be vulnerable in the neighbourhood

Just noticed that some of the Halloween cakes I've made have disappeared, those bloomin kids......"I don't believe it" :default_norty:

Grace

• Like 9

Enjoy your Halloween get together Grace. Lovely to do something for your children. :default_eusa_dance:

We don't answer the door if we get any trick or treaters around ... yes we're probably the Victor Meldrew types really! But I think that the whole thing got a bad name with the flour and eggs brigade that roamed the streets when my children were younger. I don't think it happens to the same extent now but the estate I lived on then would be a real mess the next morning when I walked them to school

Enjoy your day. :14_relaxed:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

us ladies of the forum dusting off our broomsticks or some such 

The Wench Darlin, has hers in use 24/7, dust dust oh that stuff in me office that I should really sort out......

Pity yer dont live round here as all the kids love our butchers displays and tricks every year, yes that includes the wench, yesterday pushing all the buttons etc big kid she is

Charlie

• Like 1

On this one I admit to being something of a Victor Meldrew. It was introduced from America purely as a commercial venture, arguably a celebration of corporate greed rather than a a celebration of what I'm not quite sure. In a few days time, in the UK, we have Nov 5th. Strangely enough we haven't exported that to the US!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Actually we did export November the 5th to America, But the when those traitors over there revolted it became somewhat less popular. It then become known as "Pope night" in the USA, and is still known in some areas. However it is being frowned upon as being "religionist".

2 hours ago, Hylander said:

That does not look good.   Is it a barn?

Certainly was my friend

I have no interest in Halloween. I don't mind kids coming knocking but I don't decorate the house or anything, just all seems a bit crap to me. 

It does mean once it's out of the way it's the countdown to Christmas :default_drinks:

Not a night to be moored up alone in the wilds of Norfolk. Strange things lurk in the shadows, are those shrieks animals? Those creepy footsteps that pass by your boat in the dead of night leaving no trace in the muddy path!!

Many like to boldly announce that it's a load of twaddle but believe me, on the cold, desolate marshes, strange un-earthly things occur ........ us norfolk folk might pretend to be devout christians but on All Hallows Eve ........ we cavort in wild places showing due reverence to those ancient forces of Evil ..... Whoooeee!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hello Simondo

A very warm welcome aboard the forum from me :default_icon_wave: Love the pumpkin, a much better effort than mine I have to say

All set here for when it gets dark, pumpkins on the patio and a couple of grown ups dressed as ghosts and zombies to frighten the kids :default_norty:

Some of you may think it's a load of old tosh but for us it's about making fun and memories for the kids, load of old tosh or not :default_smiley-taunt014:

Grace

• Like 3

Have a great time Grace. If it’s fun for you and your family that’s fine by me.

I’m all for families having fun together.

When I was a kid (yes I can remember that far back........ just) we made our own costumes, no shop bought ones then and played apple bobbing and other games, usually water based if I remember... it was about fun, not money

What I don’t care for is the Americanised trick or treat where some of the tricks verge on vandalism.

:default_welcome: to the forum  Simondo and have night as well

:default_icon_wave:

• Like 3

Here's a photo of Spar Auckley this Halloween, (my MrsG on the left) Nowt unusual about seeing Laureen at her work place, as per the norm she went to work on her broomstick. What is unusual is that she is at work not in her Spar uniform but wearing her normal everyday attire. Angie seems to be doing the same too! Anyroadup I asked MrsG if she could keep this attire for 'Later Tonight' :default_norty:

To which a firm and frosty 'No' was received, no surprise there then - Not!

Griff

BA NBN 370.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Simondo said:

I'm still a big kid in my fifties me and my daughter did pumpkins the other night...here's mine

edit to say hello everyone...didnt know it was my first post! been a member a while...ooops

PumpkinMinion.jpg

A very warm :default_welcome: Simondo from me and the wench (some call her Inge) she wont be around here tonight as off on her broom stick

Charlie

• Like 1

Ellie usually wakes me up in a morning by shouting through my door. Saturday morning I was up earlier than usual trying to take the medicine for my heart condition when Ellie burst through the door shouting for me to 'get up' looking like this ( Middle row in the middle).
22780487_10155802545644346_4984850981224
I'm still hunting down the tablets I threw in the air!
Browns Department Store Halloween Saturday Fancy Dress!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3