Ex Alpha Boats To Enter Bb Fleet?

DAVIDH

13 minutes ago, Heron said:

The boats may have been purchased to prevent another yard getting them. They have a ready made outlet to sell them on privately, one or two at a time.

I agree, I would think they are more likely to tart them up cheaply and then sell them on rather than put them in their fleet but ive been known to be wrong. 

It was a shame to see Alphacraft closing down . The marina was in a perfect spot , had friendly helpful staff , and they hired out some lovely boats ... We hired from them Tornado and Firefly , and they also used to let a house on Oulton Broad , called " Broadbank " , which we also rented from them ..... Going to be missed by quite a few people :default_crying1animated:

On 04/11/2017 at 22:40, KaptinKev said:

It may or may not interest anyone, but when I was viewing the Barnes cam today, I did see an otter enter an exit the web cam in the top left hand corner in the photo shown. 

Well it peaked my interest.:default_biggrin:

That otter I believe is quite well known, then Barman at the Ship in South Walsham and a ranger we spoke to both mentioned said otter!

I was sorry to see alpha craft close,ive hired a couple of their boats in the past and all were very luxurious,some with three piece suites in,my dad had his boat moored there,a bourne 40 or 44 i think it was an ex hire craft called amelia purchased from a boat yard opposite NYA at brundall,the staff and boats were brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2017 at 22:54, Broads01 said:

I'm a little surprised at that, given that Barnes had a class of that design some years back (Brink of Day) but got rid. The yard seems bursting to capacity already so I'm wondering how long they can keep increasing the fleet. 

Indeed they did. My boat is ex brink of day 2.

Cheers

Trev

• Like 2

On 05/11/2017 at 12:57, L8DAVE said:

It was a shame to see Alphacraft closing down . The marina was in a perfect spot , had friendly helpful staff , and they hired out some lovely boats ... We hired from them Tornado and Firefly , and they also used to let a house on Oulton Broad , called " Broadbank " , which we also rented from them ..... Going to be missed by quite a few people :default_crying1animated:

They brought about their own demise, as those in the know are aware. I shall say no more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

They brought about their own demise, as those in the know are aware. I shall say no more.

They did too from what I heard.  Made me feel somewhat sorry for Alpha Senior

Griff

So what happened ? Or is it a secret , and if you told me you would have to kill me :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

5 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

They did too from what I heard.  Made me feel somewhat sorry for Alpha Senior

It is interesting that these boats, now entering the Barnes fleet, are moulded from the original hull tools of the Wilds Caribbean and Mediterranean, dating from around 1964.

When I last spoke spoke to Langford, about 15 years ago, he reckoned those mould tools didn't owe him one penny!

• Like 1