Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

Ok, sea state has increased to about 8ft, not a problem in itself. What is an issue is that we have altered course to 072 so the bow is bang on into the swell. Add to that the swell is short with sharp peaks ( and white horses). We were at 2’200rpm or SOG 12kts+. Too much crashing into next goffer, heavy spray over fly bridge, helm fwd windows no vis at all, most uncomfortable. 

So I have reduced SOG to 9:5kts. I am playing about with rpm’s and this is about the max but it is manageable. Sheila on her way home as planned, lucky for her

Griff

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Can someone help please?   I have been trying to send hubby a copy of Griff's vlogs, blogs, or whatever they are called - films.    They are too large to attach to an email and I have tried to download into Google Drive, still no joy.   Any ideas.   I cannot just get an address to send to him and he doesnt belong to the forum so that is no good.

Try downloading and not playing the film, If you right click and `save link as` then transfer to Goggle Drive.

If your using Firefox if you click the link it should ask if you want to play or save he film.

Let us know what you use to view the internet.

Now past Hastings and heading for Dungeness at just over 9 knots. The present course prediction on MarineTraffic has them going straight through The Pilot - a pub renowned for its massive portions of cod and chips.  Interesting...

• Haha 3

Just now, SteveO said:

Now past Hastings and heading for Dungeness at just over 9 knots. The present course prediction on MarineTraffic has them going straight through The Pilot - a pub renowned for its massive portions of cod and chips.  Interesting...

Is it a 'drive thru' :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2