New Year's Eve

Gracie

Happy New Year from me as well to you all.        I had to chuckle about the Knighthoods,    Ringo Star a hem wasn't he a Beatle?  Didnt they hand back their medals in the 60s as a protest.   Not much protesting now is there Ringo?

• Like 4

Happy New Year everyone. Spent our new year watching the series of detectorists. Magic, can't wait for more. Oh, and finished my bottle of spiced rum:default_crying1animated:but I have got another:55c8f94983015_default_happyparty:

Norwich started the party early this year with fireworks going off at all hours!

Colin:default_winko:

• Like 5

Happy 2018.  Thank goodness last night is over.  Rosie is a nervous wreck.  The fireworks started at 1145 and went on until nearly 0100.  A constant barage of noise.  Why can't  someone design silent fireworks so that we can have the spectacle without the noise. 

S

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Add me to the list of making up for it tonight :default_drinks:

The kids staying at Grandparents, im indoors down the local with my Brothers, a bottle of wine, lappy on talking to you lovely lot and Patrick Swayze, well Dirty Dancing DVD anyway Lol..........heaven

Grace

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gracie said:

The kids staying at Grandparents, im indoors down the local with my Brothers, a bottle of wine, lappy on talking to you lovely lot..........heaven

Grace

Better :default_smile:

12 minutes ago, brundallNavy said:

Did anyone else watch Nile Rodgers and Chic last night.  For people of a certain age it was the best thing that’s been on all over Christmas.

Doug.

Thought they were brilliant, so tight as a band.

It’s amazing how many hit songs Nile Rodgers has been behind

• Like 1

SueH

our Max was 9 months Old last night and we are fortunate that fireworks don’t phase him at all. We do have 6 kids and 7 grandkids and they frequently visit, so the fireworks are quiet compared to the chaos at family meetings. I took him for his evening walk at 12:35 this morning and the fireworks were going off all around, not even a whimper or flinch. He is so cute as well. Photo for cuteness.

B8BFB22D-9002-4CA8-AA24-D6BE6DAD1A40.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

As predicted a very quiet New Year's eve. No fireworks here as surrounded by older and more sensible (and/or poorer) folks.  Took ourselves off to bed after an hour of Jools Holland so no hangover this morning. Nik's cold seems a bit better and mine has got no worse so maybe things are looking up.

• Like 5

Well my unofficial  (or is it official) NYE, has been quieter than the official (or unofficial) NYE. But managed a few beers tonight which is a bonus.

And no fireworks :default_biggrin:

13 hours ago, Hylander said:

Happy New Year from me as well to you all.        I had to chuckle about the Knighthoods,    Ringo Star a hem wasn't he a Beatle?  Didnt they hand back their medals in the 60s as a protest.   Not much protesting now is there Ringo?

They all got MBEs in 1965 but only John Lennon hand his back in 1969 in protest over Vietnam I believe . just for the record I didn't j ow so I googled it cos it was annoying me not knowing :12_slight_smile:.

22 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Well I've just finished watching Dirty Dancing...........What I wouldn't give for someone to say..........."No one puts Gracie in a corner" .........Come on Jay, play ball, can you dance? :default_norty:

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

I would get Gracie in a corner though....Gracie :default_smile:

And of course I can dance... :default_drinks: :default_smiley-angelic002: