Insurance Companies

kezolah

2 hours ago, WherryNice said:

I use Alan Boswell in Norwich, no complaints with them, easy to deal with and they understand the Broads properly. Never claimed though so cant comment on that. My current policy is underwritten by Nav and General so going direct may be cheaper.

Navigators and General may indeed be cheaper but as you've mentioned, Alan Boswell has domain knowledge and is more likely to know where limits and conditions would cause an issue for Broads boaters. The devil is in the detail with policy wordings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldgregg said:

Navigators and General may indeed be cheaper but as you've mentioned, Alan Boswell has domain knowledge and is more likely to know where limits and conditions would cause an issue for Broads boaters. The devil is in the detail with policy wordings.

That's exactly why I havent bothered going direct myself tbh, I just thought I should mention that a cheaper deal might be achievable.

The other thing I like about Alan Boswell is the fact that should I have any serious issues I can easily pay them a visit in person.

• Like 2

Craftinsure without a doubt. Had a huge claim with them and they was amazing... Dealt with Navigators and General throughout.  Stayed with them afterwards and all perfect after.  There's no point going direct with N&G as it's all the same setup.

Other boat is with Yachtmasters as sadly Craftinsure can't cover due to unique situations and they are OK (Just picky and charge for everything, they are a broker though and I think I'm underwritten by a Lloyds syndicate) but each year I try to go to Craftinsure as I just trust them and they are easier to deal with. 

6 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi Alan,

I may be wrong, but i was told EVERY insurance policy is underwritten by Lloyds.  I was told that some years back, so maybe things have changed.

Strange, when I was talking to N&G I was led to believe that Zurich (Who just brought them at the time) was now their underwritters not a Lloyds syndicate but I guess you never know.. It's probably all a small world :)  (craftinsure has a special account with them which is just the same as being a direct customer).

6 minutes ago, ZimbiIV said:

Interesting Alan, I have just changed to N&G, Haven were £50 more but Craftinsure were £10 dearer than N&G!

paul

You've got a good deal then :), to be honest I've not checked what I pay and it doesn't really matter as I wouldn't move Orca away from them, peace of mind is worth its weight in Gold and I really do trust them :) (When I check stuff with them too, they obviously know us and it's always sorted, the dinghy is on there FOC).  When we was going through the claim everyone was mentioning that we are with the best underwriter and reassuring that they will sort it which they did and really did more than I could expect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi Alan,

I may be wrong, but i was told EVERY insurance policy is underwritten by Lloyds.  I was told that some years back, so maybe things have changed.

This is not true. Lloyds syndicates are very important players in the marine insurance market but they are not (and never have been,  at least in living memory) the only ones.

My insurance is also due for renewal, have been with my current broker for several years but have just recieved a renewal quote

£135 dearer than last year. Needless to say i wont be using them this year.

Just spoke to Alan Boswell in Norwich, got a reasonable quote from them so will go there.

• 1 month later...