Weekend Storm

ExSurveyor

JM, when was force 6 ever a gale? A yachtsman's (if offshore) yes but not proper! 

I have just downloaded the MSLP. Atlantic analysis and prognosis to +96 and given a few hours I think you will be seeing a true gale force blow. 

I would strongly advise against getting your sail board out in the morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

Not really blowing that hard yet, but we have settled for the night and Moonlight Shadow is starting to sound like Treebeard. Oh, the creaking! 

Hi Helen,

Did Lightning go out today?, her new mooring is right in front of the engineers shed at the head of your dyke?.

well for some strange reason the boot fair had been cancelled, so its back to watching youtube restoration videos and replacing the burnt out soldering iron on my solder station (i found one of my old soldering irons yesterday this enables me to go forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Graham got up at 6 this morning to adjust the ropes, as we were starting to bounce about a bit against the key heading.

Speedtriple - Lightening is nicely tucked up at her mooring at present. She didn't move yesterday, and I haven't noticed anyone on board. She's in a lot more sheltered position than we are!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Graham got up at 6 this morning to adjust the ropes, as we were starting to bounce about a bit against the key heading.

Speedtriple - Lightening is nicely tucked up at her mooring at present. She didn't move yesterday, and I haven't noticed anyone on board. She's in a lot more sheltered position than we are!

Hi Helen, if you're concerned about being blown about, take MS down the dyke and tie alongside, at least you will be safer. I'm sure the occupants won't mind. 

Just had a look at the weather forecast and the wind doesn’t look to reduce around the Broads until Tuesday evening.  We’ll probably be heading for home shortly after brunch (can’t leave without our bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and scrambled eggs), to dodge falling trees and flying debris on the way home.  Just thought about our garden furniture and whose garden it might be in by the time we get there!

• Haha 2