Boycee - Safe Anchorage

A difficult reply to write this one.

Whilst I fully appreciate the sentiments behind Ian's suggestion there are differences between the two situations.

It would be very tempting to suggest such a move were made, when any member of any popularity were to die. This I believe would be inappropriate on several grounds, grounds which I think are best not to be aired, though I shall highlight one.

Iain was not only a popular member as was Boycee, but he was also a very frequent poster and he was a moderator of the very highest calibre.

There could be a danger that if every popular member were to be remembered in the way Broadscot is, firstly it would cease to be "special" but worse, it could end up being thought an insult if someone was not remembered in that way.

No, remember Boycee as the fine man and valued contributor he was.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Iain was not only a popular member as was Boycee, but he was also a very frequent poster and he was a moderator of the very highest calibre.

There could be a danger that if every popular member were to be remembered in the way Broadscot is, firstly it would cease to be "special" but worse, it could end up being thought an insult if someone was not remembered in that way.

No, remember Boycee as the fine man and valued contributor he was.  

So very well written, John. Thank you. 

Both Iain and Alan were good friends of mine and and your final sentence says it all for me.

To them both I offer a toast for a life well-lived.  :default_beerchug:

• Like 11

Update from Mags:-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A big heartfelt thank you to everyone on the NBN for their lovely caring comments.

The funeral can't be held a the moment with the virus

Mags will let us know when it will be held, where and when

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Griff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Boycee (Alan) funeral next Wednesday, 1600 - cremation. Due to the circumstances of CV it's for close family only.  However there will be a video link on the day so we can all watch.  Mags will find out the details for that.  Also there will be as memorial service at a later date.  Anymore info I will let you know straight away

Griff

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

As things stand at the moment Alan's funeral will be held at 4 pm on Wednesday 25 March, at Stafford Crematorium immediate family only. Alan will be leaving home approx 3.20 pm-3.30 pm. For those living locally we will be going by the Greenman and Bankhouse, if you wish to say your goodbyes obviously observing social distancing advice. The webcast will be  available to view between 15.55-16.40. www.Obitus.com                Username - stafford8640                Password - 692254

Griff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2