Boycee - Safe Anchorage

Sad news indeed.  I never met him, but his boat was pointed out to us last year when we were looking to buy ours at his home marina and I have spotted it out and about a couple of times since.

As others have said, condolences to his family and friends.

Marina and I are very sad to hear this news.We met Boycee a number of times.A great chap indeed I often would pull he's leg,as a Chelsea fan.He had a very good knowledge of the broads,always giving a good and balanced view of posts that been discussed. My last PM to him,we hoped to bump into one another in the season. 

We both are sad and our thoughts go to family and friends. 

This is very sad indeed. He's been a member of this forum for very many years (like me), and we finaly had the pleasure to meet him at Oulton Broad last September. Sadly, we were to be leaving soon, so never really had the chance to get together and have a chat and a cuppa, and I feel very sad to know we won't be seeing him this week. 

R. I. P Alan, and may you be cruising the the rivers of heaven. 

• Like 1

I remember the first time I met Alan at the ferry inn and we struck up a great friendship... Every holiday time we would meet up and put the worlds to right.. He had  fantastic knowledge of the Broads. And where to get the best pint on the Broads to..

Alan was a great and funny guy. An absolute legend . He would always say it how it is. He is going to be missed so much by every one and especially me..

My dearest condolences to dear Mags and the family..

Its going to be hard this year not hearing him say to me “Ay up Scrump you alright son”

R.I.P Alan 

Mike & Tan 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

This is very sad indeed. He's been a member of this forum for very many years (like me), and we finaly had the pleasure to meet him at Oulton Broad last September. Sadly, we were to be leaving soon, so never really had the chance to get together and have a chat and a cuppa, and I feel very sad to know we won't be seeing him this week. 

R. I. P Alan, and may you be cruising the the rivers of heaven. 

I forgot to offer my condolences to his family. 

Yes , those same words every time

’Heyup Griff, you alright son’?

followed by his smile when he got the affirmative. 

He once introduced me to a full clientele in the Nelson Pub to perform a full rendition of ‘Ilkley Moor BarTat’  He did this without informing me before hand. 

He had that smile and wicked wink. Stitched me up good n proper. I’m so glad now that I have that cherished memory

Griff

• Like 7