Cerise Lady Has A Day Out At Last

CambridgeCabby

I too have been watching your car, though I would make a couple of comments.

I find it tends to understeer when accelerating hard out of roundabouts and is pretty difficult to get it to drift nicely in sharp corners. There is an annoying whine from the engine when redlining the revs and it doesn't like dropping down into second at 90 mph.

PS, Your getting a bit low on fuel.  

• Haha 13

42 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I too have been watching your car, though I would make a couple of comments.

I find it tends to understeer when accelerating hard out of roundabouts and is pretty difficult to get it to drift nicely in sharp corners. There is an annoying whine from the engine when redlining the revs and it doesn't like dropping down into second at 90 mph.

PS, Your getting a bit low on fuel.  

You forgot to tell him about the two bald tyres from all the burnouts in Tesco's car park.

• Haha 1

ooh dont remind me, I got 2 new front tyres last week, and totally forgot when I managed to power drift the car round a roundabout in the middle of canterbury, apparently the new front tyres are now scrubbed in, but didnt have the grip of the old near slicks, I just accelerated across the roundabout turning right and got squeal out of the tyres, normally I dont have enough power to break them loose, but that day I was in a bit of a hurry to take off from a standstill, and managed it.

After rounding the roundabout the car behind overtook me and the two boy racers inside gave me a big thumbs up with a grin as wide as anything, apparently this old grandpa driving the volvo did good in their eyes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• 1 month later...

Sadly got held up this am so thought best have a peek at Gayes first .

beard due to not being able to stand up without crutches for 10 weeks , so couldn’t use bathroom sink ans there is no way I’d give Katie (Mrs Sweeney Todd) the option of shaving me , the temptation would be irresistible 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Awoke to a sunny peaceful vista at Gays , had a barbecue last night , delicious , and were able to help a fellow boater whose single use barbecue was u/s so we just added their coals to our trusty Weber so they could cook their dinner , pleasant evening was spend consuming a gin or two.

We had ham and cheese “Grendles” for breakfast then a little pootle befor home 

• Like 3

Well that’s the daughter , son in law , grandson and granddaughter (no2) shipped off , thank you to Horning taxis for coming to Hunters yard , on time and delivering my son in law back to his car at Ranworth , £34 on a bank holiday for a rural taxi company is very reasonable .

Grandson loved watching the gentleman fishing behind us , lovely family they are , even got a chair for him to sit in safely , grandad was left minding the baby 

Portuguese egg custard tarts still delicious , Arthur enjoyed his chocolate cookie and son in law looking forward to his cheesecake later .

What a wonderful day was had by all 

63A5DF76-38B0-4013-A84D-4BB6AA927ACF.jpeg

EDE2F959-0648-4AE3-BE72-08F0E12B0574.jpeg

• Like 7

Those Portuguese tarts. When we were on our last trip I wish I’d bought eight instead of four and hidden away the extra four in my own secret stash, and then gobbled them all up in one feast. Yum!

I almost didn’t buy a loaf there as it seemed pretty expensive, but when it was handed over it was huge and warm, just out of the oven. It accompanied three meals and stayed really fresh, so I ended up thinking it was good value. 

Does anyone know if the bakery stays open all year? We aren’t on Moonlight Shadow again until the beginning of November. 

Up at 06:30 after a tranquil relaxing night , bliss!!

skies are shrouded in a blanket of clouds but the winds have died down , although it looks like today will be a wear a jumper day.

One disturbing thing occurred last evening .

A hire boat passed early evening seeking a mooring spot , there was one space about 8ft longer than their boat which they attempted to access a few times before Kate walked and I limped to assist , the hirers were a couple in their mid 60’s and they were aboard an aft cockpit cruiser .

I got them to bring their bow in so we could turn them and tie them up .

This they duly did and the husband threw me the stern line , Katie asked for the bow line as she was holding on the bow rail which wasn’t easy , the gentleman then stated that he and his wife were disabled and were unable to access the boats bow , Kate had to access the boat to get the bow rope so we could secure them .

Their first night was last night where they were assisted in their mooring by staff at The Wroxham Hotel , 

We were shocked and to be honest disgusted that an established boat yard would hire such a boat to hirers so obviously unsuited to the type of vessel they were aboard.

Their  disabilities were very visibly obvious , this same yard which refuses to hire to solo hirers seems to have no concern hiring to an elderly couple both of whom are disabled as far as mobility is concerned , it is nothing short of dangerous and irresponsible.

Without outside assistance , the couple admitted that they would be unable to moor up , and even asked if we would be around in the morning to cast off their lines for them , now we don’t mind in fact we very much enjoy helping others but really ? 

• Like 5

On 29/05/2020 at 21:48, CambridgeCabby said:

Katie and I have just returned from a glorious day afloat , God we have missed The Broads !!!

We arrived this morning ,09:30, at the wet shed after a quick clean and the usual thorough checks we went for a short cruise to Gays Staithe , the rivers (well the upper Ant) were very quiet only encountered two other boats underway.

Clear sky’s , accompanied with glorious sunshine meant we spent a wonderful few hours there , there was two other boats moored there.

Sitting outside eating crab sandwiches in the Norfolk sunshine was heaven , can’t wait till we are permitted to stay overnight , hopefully won’t be in the too distant future 

AF7D2C37-5031-4718-90A2-E386A3E5AA94.jpeg

68C1A706-9A78-4879-B3E6-BD535E24532E.jpeg

188C2050-2C18-4DD7-8913-40F76E6510D6.jpeg

0BEB7DC9-9744-4FDD-91AC-EB328565E3C8.jpeg

364D42D5-B7E1-476C-950F-CC7F8C900B84.jpeg

E0B49D30-7450-4702-9A5D-1A8B7A4F6C00.jpeg

0BC97D65-1BB9-47A5-A43A-AAFA7691F8C0.jpeg

Lovely pics! Hope to see you guys again soon! 

Adele and Steve from Pusseycat  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1