(sorry Folks) Poo Getting Stuck

Sorry for the topic but i have had problems,

I have a jabsco manual toilet, it has the rubber choke, tried a flat 1 and a 3 way 1 from jabsco,

when you have a poo it gets stuck in the toilet,

so you're pumping the handle and the water just comes up, nothing going down the pipe.

i've tried emptying it and nothing happens there either,

i would suggest it's getting stuck in the rubber choke thing

can i remove that? it's not under water so i haven't got to worry about feedback etc

This sounds like the 4 sided flapper valve that is in the flange of the outlet pipe at the bottom back of the the toilet.Β 

The valve is known in French as a bec de canard - or duck's beak. When you see it, you will see why!

You just undo the two nuts that hold the flange coupling and it comes apart easily.

You may also need a new piston seal. All these come in the standard kit.

Just now, ZimbiIV said:

Looks like a blocked pipe then.

Now its hot thats best time toΒ  change it but get the proper pipe.

Or take plenty of sennaΒ pods!

paul

it's defo not a blocked pipe.

it gets stuck before it even leaves the toilet, which makes me think it's the joker valve thing

5 minutes ago, smitch6 said:

it's defo not a blocked pipe.

it gets stuck before it even leaves the toilet, which makes me think it's the joker valve thing

You need to practice the old seaman's art of nipping off short :default_norty:

• Haha 1

Does it eventualy flush, if so see below.

The only other time I have heard that happening the owner was using top quality toilet paper when for jabsco cheapest is best.

It takes a while for good paper to soften.

If your finger don't go through it, it's to good.

paul

2 hours ago, smitch6 said:

so you're pumping the handle and the water just comes up, nothing going down pipe.

If you mean itΒ continues toΒ fillΒ with water when it should be evacuating it mayΒ beΒ a problem in the manualΒ pump head.Β 

There is a flap valve at the baseΒ of the piston tubeΒ if its not continuing to fill my guess would be that itΒ has failed. Β A full service kit will probably solve this. All the Joker valve does on the outlet flangeΒ is stop material coming back into the bowl after passing through it, if you can get a cable through it by hand that isn’tΒ yourΒ issue. If there is a blocked pipe there would be backΒ pressure on the handle.Β 

We had a similar problem on a charter yacht (Balearics). The engineer that came out poured a whole bottle of washing up liquid in the toilet bowl and pumped it through. It worked fine for rest of the holiday!Β 

You can buy quick dissolving paper for use with Caravans and RVs but all the boating and camping forums say that the very cheapest recycled supermarket 2-ply is just as good.

20200624_073538.thumb.jpg.122d0d958420250a1d340c8b073082e7.jpg

Β 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

You can buy quick dissolving paper for use with Caravans and RVs but all the boating and camping forums say that the very cheapest recycled supermarket 2-ply is just as good.

20200624_073538.thumb.jpg.122d0d958420250a1d340c8b073082e7.jpg

Β 

Also useful for events when toilet cisterns do not have time to fully re-fill between uses

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ZimbiIV said:

Β 

The only other time I have heard that happening the owner was using top quality toilet paper when for jabsco cheapest is best.

It takes a while for good paper to soften.

If your finger don't go through it, it's to good.

paul

Quick test of toilet paper is to put one square ofΒ paper in a pint glass and stir with a bread knife, then see how quickly it falls apart.

• Like 1

We have a policy on Ranworth Breeze where all the toilet paper used is supplied by the syndicate throughout the year so we know that only that two ply toilet roll is used, contraband loo roll is not allowed.Β 

I agree that theΒ Β joker valve and the paper used will be the issue, also never allow any kind of wipe to be put into the toilet bowl. Only use smooth wall pipe for the outlet into the tank, ribbed pipe causes problems.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Quick test of toilet paper is to put one square ofΒ paper in a pint glass and stir with a bread knife, then see how quickly it falls apart.

Well, I've been stirring for two hours now, and the bread knife STILL hasn't fallen apart.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, smitch6 said:

Sorry for the topic but i have had problems,

I have a jabsco manual toilet, it has the rubber choke, tried a flat 1 and a 3 way 1 from jabsco,

when you have a poo it gets stuck in the toilet,

so you're pumping the handle and the water just comes up, nothing going down the pipe.

i've tried emptying it and nothing happens there either,

i would suggest it's getting stuck in the rubber choke thing

can i remove that? it's not under water so i haven't got to worry about feedback etc

I still don't understand what is happening here. Maybe some photos would help... but then again.....

• Haha 1

Hi Does the water pump away or does the water level rise if water pumps away stool is to hard if water level rises you have a restriction remove breather pipe 3/4"dia one and check not blocked the gauze on hull fitting can get blocked also tip some VEGETABLEΒ oil down pan this will help to lubricate make pumping easier, to check stool tip a can of soupΒ down to check operation. John

2 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

I agree that theΒ Β joker valve and the paper used will be the issue, also never allow any kind of wipe to be put into the toilet bowl. Only use smooth wall pipe for the outlet into the tank, ribbed pipe causes problems.

Regards

Alan

I don't know why they call it a joker valve. Changing it is no laughing matter.Β :default_icon_e_smile:

• Like 1

As a slight aside, I believe that the British Standard for lavatory pans included a "flushability" test which involved attempting to dispose ofΒ a 1lb Dundee cake.Β  I have never looked at fruit cake in the same light since I heard this. Probably now superseded by a European Norm which involves a quantity of chocolate eclairs.Β :default_biggrin: