Grendels Deferred May Broads Holiday

grendel

No-one really mentions Bridge Broad. Is it one way in and out or does it come out further on? Any moorings or just mud weighting? 

Enjoy your evening. Been cloudy all day at Lowestoft until late afternoon when the sun came out and the temperature picked up. 

there are two entrances, one just past the railway bridge, the second round the corner (you should try it if you get under wroxham bridge) its as quick as going on the river, but if once you get in you follow it round to the left there are some nice hidden coves where you can mudweight (there is also a liveaboard permenantly moored behind the yellow marker bouys which delineate off a section of wooden rails that section off part of the broad that has overhead power cables

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bridge broad is fabulous. Never mud weighted there but have frequently turned the engine off and just drifted across for an hour or so. Well worth a visit with lots to see both beneath you and around you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, grendel said:

the wild mooring isnt on the island, its on the land opposite.

If you ever have the chance, visit the Ludham Open Gardens event, which is held every 2 years (Cov-19 notwithstanding). You would see that many of the houses down Staithe Rd have extensive gardens, which back onto Womack, When you are moored on the parish staithe, you have no idea that you are looking at these, many of which have little landing stages and/or boat docks, often half-concealed by the undergrowth. 

well i departed Bridge broad at 8 am, i am now sitting at coltishall locks, the only one here, there were 6 boats at coltishall common, a short days cruising for me today. I anticipate a quiet day just relaxing here.

• Like 2

a lot of this is to do with the ablutions aboard jayne, to use the toilet or shower one must exit the boat cabin and re-enter the ablutions via the well deck, thus if I want a shower, i would rather the canopy is pointing away from other moored boats, as it gives additional privacy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Always worth a stroll up to Farm to Fork and Fish from there. Always seem to end up buying more than I realised I needed.

yes I see what you mean, i got a nice steak for my evening meal, a couple of pasties for lunch and a bag of mince, and came away £16 poorer

• Like 1