Is Wroxham The Prettiest Village On The Broads?

JennyMorgan

I think Horning is prettier, just a personal preference. On the final occasion my late father was onboard with me he was at the helm and slowed the boat to 2mph so he could admire everything for as long as possible. I think of that every time I pass through there now. The streets are lovely also.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JennyMorgan said:

West Somerton and Ludham are surely both prettier than Wroxham. 

Ludham definitely.  A proper English village with  a lovely church, charm and character.  How I would love to be able to retire there.

• Like 2

I agree with the villages listed but certainly not Wroxham, with it's heavy traffic and mix of some pretty dreadful buildings. True The Avenue area is a desirable residential bit, but it is no Village. 

I think that the term "Village" should be defined as having three out of four of the following:- Church...Pub...School...General Store.

Where I live we only have a church, the others closed years ago, so it is not a village or if it is it is a dead one!

25 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

looks like a picture of Salhouse Broad! 

I was thinking the same. Not really Wroxham as much as Wroxham Broad and the surrounding area!

@Cal I must admit I'd forgotten all about Irstead, but that's a very good shout!

Agreed! Salhouse it is, but in fairness only one of the villages actually gets a photograph of it. All the other pictures are of beautiful views from or near the named village.

In my opinion Wroxham is prettier than Hoveton but that's about it. 

So, in short, the EDP shows once more it's dedication to incisive journalism.

Sorry for the sarcasm Poppy but that's just how I am. 

• Like 1